Calling all chocolate and peanut butter lovers! These no bake peanut butter chocolate pretzel bars are for you!
I love peanut butter in all forms, but I must say that peanut butter is an amazing addition to pretzel bars.
These peanut butter pretzel bars are the perfect treat if you a craving something sweet and a little salty.
If you are looking for an easy treat that doesn't require baking, these no bake peanut butter pretzel bars are for you!
Ingredients needed for chocolate peanut butter bars:
- vegan butter
- graham cracker crumbs
- powdered sugar
- vanilla extract
- creamy peanut butter
- semisweet chocolate chips
are graham crackers vegan?
A lot of graham crackers aren't vegan. Maybe brands have honey in the graham crackers.
Luckily, Nabisco Original Grahams are vegan. There isn't any honey or dairy in the graham crackers.
how to make peanut butter bars
First start by lining an 8- or 9- inch square baking pan with foil.
Melt 8 tablespoons of the vegan butter and add to a large bowl.
Add the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, vanilla and 1 cup of peanut butter and stir until well combined.
Pour the peanut butter mixture to the prepared baking pan and smooth with an offset spatula to create an even layer.
In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips, the remaining vegan butter and the remaining tablespoon peanut butter. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring after each, until the mixture is melted.
Pour the melted chocolate peanut butter mixture over the peanut butter graham mixture and smooth with a spatula.
Arrange the pretzels on top of the chocolate, pressing them lightly to adhere. Refrigerate until hardened, about 2 hours. Cut into squares to serve.
how to store the bars
After the bars have set and are cut, transfer the peanut butter bars in an air tight container.
Store in the refrigerator. The bars will keep for 5-7 days. For longer storage, you can store the chocolate pretzel bars in the freezer.
check out these other peanut butter recipes:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Ritz Cookies
- Smoky Kale and Chickpeas with Miso Peanut Drizzle
- Vegan Thai Peanut Millet Salad
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- Cacao Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
- 12 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs*
- 1 Cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup vegan semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 Cup Pretzels
- Line an 8- or 9- inch square baking pan with foil.
- Melt 8 tablespoons of the butter and add to a large bowl.
- To the bow, add the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, vanilla and 1 cup of peanut butter and stir until well combined.
- Transfer the peanut butter mixture to the prepared baking pan and smooth to create an even layer.
- Combine the chocolate chips, the remaining 4 tablespoons butter and the remaining tablespoon peanut butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring after each, until melted.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the peanut butter and smooth with an offset spatula.
- Arrange the pretzels on the surface of the chocolate, pressing them lightly to adhere. Refrigerate until hardened, about 2 hours.
- Cut into squares to serve.
To make graham cracker crumbs, add a couple of graham crackers to a food storage bag and crush until the consistancy is crumbs.
For a vegan graham cracker, look for Nabisco Original Graham. These graham crackers don't have any honey like most graham crackers.
The bars can be made ahead of time. After cutting the bars, transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge. For longer storage you can also freeze the bars.