This Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is one of my favorite ways to use up ripe bananas.
Classic banana bread gets a little chocolate twist!
My little one loves bananas, so I always buy extra bananas each week. He is always asking for a banana. Right when we get home from the store, Frankie helps me put away the groceries and always gets into the bananas.
Since I am always buying too many bananas, I often find myself with ripe bananas.
Whenever I have lots of ripe bananas, I have to make vegan banana bread of course!
Lately I have been on a big chocolate quick and thought why not add chocolate chips to banana bread!
If you love chocolate and bananas, you must give this banana bread with chocolate chips a try.
what you need to make the banana bread:
- Super ripe bananas- you want your bananas to be extra ripe when making banana bread
- Avocado Oil- I like using avocado oil when baking
- Sugar- Sugar will help to sweeten up the banana bread
- Plant Milk- I like to use an unsweetened almond or soy milk
- Vanilla Extract- For a little extra sweet flavor
- Dry Ingredients- For the dry ingredients, we will need flour, baking soda and salt
- Chocolate Chips- To keep this banana bread vegan, look for semi-sweet chocolate chips without any milk
How to store the quick bread
Store the banana bread in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
For longer storage, tightly wrap the banana bread in tinfoil and store in the freezer up to 3 months.
more banana recipes to try:
- Vegan Blueberry Banana Cake
- Pineapple Banana Bread
- Mexican Chocolate Banana Cake
- Cacao Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Slow Cooker Banana Nut Oatmeal
If you are looking for a new banana bread recipe to make, give this Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe a try!
- 1 cup mashed very ripe banana, about 3 average sized
- ¾ cups sugar
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 1 cup unsweetened vegan milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease an 8×4 loaf pan.
- Mash the banana in a bowl until almost smooth. Spoon the mashed bananas into a measuring cup to make sure you have a cup. It should take about 3 bananas to make a cup.
- Add the cup of mashed bananas to a large mixing bowl. Beat in the sugar, oil, milk, and vanilla.
- Sift in the flour, baking soda and salt and gently mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the pan into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes. It should be lightly browned and pulling away from the sides, and the top golden brown.
- Let cool and then slice and enjoy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 350Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 333mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 2gSugar: 32gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information is just an estimate.