An easy recipe for Vegan Potato and Cheese Quesadillas that is perfect if you're craving something comforting! Whenever I am short on time and need to make something quick, quesadillas are one of my go-to recipes.
You only need a few ingredients to make these simple and delicious potato and cheese quesadillas.
This quesadilla recipe is perfect for both kids and adults!
what do you need for the recipe:
Tortillas- For these quesadillas, I prefer to use flour tortillas. I like the combination of the flour tortilla with the potato and cheese mixture.
Potatoes- You can use either a russet potato or yukon gold potato. Either will work in this recipe.
Vegan Cheese- I like to use a shredded vegan mozzarella cheese in the quesadillas. There are so many great brands available now. Use your favorite dairy-free cheese!
what to serve with the quesadillas
Serve the quesadillas with your favorite salsa. Both homemade and store-bought salsa will work great. Pico de gallo is also delicious with these quesadillas.
I like to add some chopped cilantro for a pop of freshness.
A drizzle of my favorite cashew crema is also great with the potato and cheese quesadillas.
perfect side dishes to serve with quesadillas
If you are looking for a side dish or two to serve alongside the vegan quesadillas, here are some of my favorites:
- Instant Pot Mexican Red Rice
- Mexican Cabbage and Avocado Salad
- Calabacitas a la Mexicana
- Black Bean, Corn and Avocado Salad
- Chipotle White Rice
- How to Make Mexican Black Beans in the Instant Pot
- Classic Mexican Margarita
If you make these yummy Vegan Potato and Cheese Quesadillas, be sure to tag us on Instagram or leave a comment here! We love to see what you are making.
- 1 Large Potato, peeled and diced, Russet or Yukon Gold both work well
- Salt, to taste
- 1 Cup Shredded Vegan Mozzarella cheese
- 4 Flour Tortillas
- Chopped Cilantro
- Cashew Crema, for serving
- In a medium pot, add the diced potato and cover with water. Add a pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower heat to low and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Drain the potato and mash with a fork or masher. Season with salt to taste. Set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or comal over low-medium heat. Heat the tortillas, flipping them over every 10 seconds, until they’re easily foldable.
- Evenly divide the potato mash and vegan cheese and onto one half of each tortilla.
- Fold the tortillas over the cheese to create a half-moon shape.
- Cook the quesadillas for 1-2 minutes, or until one side of the quesadilla is golden-brown.
- Flip over and cook for another 1-2 minutes, until golden-brown and the cheese has fully melted.
- Serve immediately and serve with cashew crema, pico de gallo or your favorite salsa.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 370Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 527mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 14g
Nutrition information is just an estimate.