This Black Bean, Corn and Avocado Salad is perfect for summer!
This Black Bean, Corn and Avocado Salad combines three of my favorite ingredients: black beans, corn, and avocados. It is such a simple salad to make too!
During the summer, I love picking up fresh sweet corn from the farmers market. When corn is at its peak, there is no need to cook it. The natural sweetness of the corn is so good raw.
Black beans and corn are such a classic combination. The two are perfect paired together. Of course I had to add avocado to the salad because it is just the best!
The dressing for the salad is packed with flavor. I add earthy cumin, bright lime juice, olive oil, and hot sauce. The hot sauce adds a nice heat to the salad. You can use a mild or extra hot sauce.
This Black Bean, Corn and Avocado Salad is perfect for summer entertaining too. If you want to make it ahead of time, just leave the avocado out until you are ready to serve the salad.
I love serving the salad with tortilla chips!
For the Salad:
- 2 Cups Fresh Corn Kernels
- 1 15 ounce Can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 15-20 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- ½ Cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Small Red Onion, diced
- 1 Large or 2 Medium Avocados, diced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
For the dressing:
- Juice of 2 Limes
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon Cumin
- 1-2 teaspoon Hot Sauce, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
For the salad:
- In a large mixing bowl add the corn, black beans, tomatoes, cilantro, onion and avocado. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the salad.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings if needed. Serve and enjoy!
For the dressing:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, cumin, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Taste and add more salt or lime juice for brightness.