This Mexican Cabbage and Avocado Salad is one of my new favorite salads. This simple and easy to make salad is bursting with flavor.
Only a few ingredients are needed for the salad. The base of the Mexican Cabbage and Avocado Salad is green cabbage, grated carrots, jalapeño, avocado, and fresh cilantro.
The dressing couldn't be any easier to make. Just vegan mayonnaise and lots of fresh lime juice. The brightness of the fresh lime juice really brings this salad to life.
The spiciness of the jalapeño is balanced from the vegan mayo and avocado. For an extra spicy salad, be sure leave the seeds intact!
You can serve this salad right away, but I like to refrigerate the salad at least an hour before serving. Allowing the salad to sit for a hour really allows for all the flavors to come together.
I love serving the Mexican Cabbage and Avocado Salad alongside my Chile Lime Tofu.
Have you made this tofu recipe yet? It is my favorite tofu recipe! The chile lime seasoning adds so much flavor to the tofu. The Mexican Cabbage and Avocado Salad is the perfect accompaniment to the tofu!
For the dressing:
- 2 Tablespoons Vegan Mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- Salt and Pepper to to taste
For the salad:
- 4 Cups Shredded Green Cabbage
- 2 Medium Carrots, grated
- 1 Jalapeno, minced
- ½ Cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Large Avocado, diced
For the dressing:
- In a small bowl, add vegan mayonnaise, lime juice, salt and pepper to taste.
In a large mixing bowl, add the cabbage, carrots, jalapeños, and cilantro.
- Toss everything together.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to evenly mix the ingredients.
- Then add the avocado and toss the salad again.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- You can serve it right away, but it taste better after it's been refrigerated for at least 1 hour.