This super simple Vegan Brussels Sprouts Spaghetti recipe comes together in less than 30 minutes. Making this vegan pasta recipe perfect for an easy weeknight meal!
This spaghetti recipe is so simple, but very delicious!
If you are looking to add more vegetables at dinner, this spaghetti recipe is a great way to sneak in some cruciferous vegetables.
I just adore brussels sprouts. They are one of my favorite vegetables and a staple during the fall months. They are great in this Brussels Sprout Apple Salad and this Vegan Brussel Sprout Fried Rice is a family favorite dinner recipe.
what you need to make the spaghetti
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this spaghetti with brussels sprouts.
- Brussels Sprouts- Finely shredded brussels sprouts bulk up the spaghetti. My toddler doesn't even notice the shredded brussels sprouts in the pasta! You can shred the brussels sprout with a food processor or by hand. You can even buy pre-shredded brussels sprouts at the grocery store. Trader Joe's sells them and makes this pasta recipe even easier!
- Olive Oil- To cook the brussels sprouts, we need some olive oil. The oil will also help to break down the vegetables.
- Garlic- Fresh garlic adds an extra layer of flavor to the pasta. We infuse the olive oil with the garlic before adding in the brussels sprouts.
- Spaghetti- For this brussels sprouts pasta recipe, I love using spaghetti because the long shape is the perfect vehicle for the brussels sprouts.
- Vegan Parmesan- Adding a little bit of vegan parmesan takes this pasta to the next level. The cheese pairs perfectly with the brussels sprouts and spaghetti.
- Pasta Water- Adding a little bit of the pasta cooking water will bring all the ingredients together.
how to make vegan brussels sprouts spaghetti
First, you'll want to shred the brussels sprouts. You can shred the brussels sprouts a few days ahead of time too!
Next, saute the garlic in olive oil in a skillet and then cook and brussel sprouts until golden.
Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of salted water according to the package instructions. Be sure to reserve some of the pasta cooking water before draining the pasta.
After you drain the pasta, add it back into the pot and add the cooked brussels sprouts, vegan parmesan cheese, reserved pasta water, salt and pepper to taste.
how to store leftover pasta
If you have any leftover spaghetti, store it in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-4 days. Reheat the pasta in a microwave safe dish.
More delicious pasta recipes to try:
If you make this Vegan Brussels Sprouts Spaghetti, be sure to leave a comment or tag us on Instagram!
- 1 Pound Brussels Sprouts, ends trimed
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 8 Ounces Spaghetti
- ⅔ Cup Grated Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- ½ Cup Reserved Pasta Water
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Shred the brussel sprouts using a food processor with the slicing attachment until thinly sliced. Or use a sharp knife to thinly slice the brussels sprouts.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add in the shredded brussels sprouts, season with salt and pepper, cook for 4-6 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Once the water is boiling, add in the spaghetti and cook until al dente. Before you drain the pasta, reserve ½ cup of the cooking liquid.
- Add the drained pasta back into the pot.
- Stir in the vegan parmesan cheese, cooked brussels sprouts, reserved pasta water, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 283Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 406mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 12g
The nutrition information is just an estimate per serving.