Thank you Modern Table for sponsoring this post. This delicious, complete protein pasta is made from just three plant-based ingredients -- eat clean with Modern Table pasta today!
I am so excited to be partnering with Modern Table and share with you one of my favorite vegan and gluten-free pasta recipes!
I absolutely love using Modern Table Elbows for a few reasons. First of all, the pasta is delicious! That is always important, especially when cooking with a gluten-free pasta.
I love that all their pastas are lentil-based and contain complete proteins - meaning they have the 9 essential amino acids our bodies need for strong energy, good digestion, and muscle health. How amazing is that?!
Modern Table Pastas are great for those who are enjoy a healthier lifestyle, and a perfect way to get more nutrition from your meals — a blend of nutrition, with the texture of tradition.
Modern Table Pastas just have three plant-based ingredients, and the plain pastas are vegan, non-GMO, and gluten-free! For this Vegan Cauliflower Pasta, I really love using the Modern Table Elbow Pasta. I like the elbow shaped pasta with the chopped cauliflower.
Vegan Cauliflower Pasta
I make pasta at least once a week and this Vegan Cauliflower Pasta is one of my favorites. The pasta sauce is basically just cauliflower.
Instead of discarding the cauliflower leaves and core, I like to chop them up into small pieces and add them to the sauce. Using the leaves and core of the cauliflower is a great way to bulk up the cauliflower ragu. It also helps cuts down with food waste. It's a win-win!
I love adding a pinch of red pepper flakes to the pasta. It adds a tiny bit of heat. If you love things extra spicy, add a large pinch!
For serving the pasta, I like to top the pasta with an extra pinch of red pepper flakes and toasted breadcrumbs. I like to take a few pieces of gluten-free bread and pulse the bread into breadcrumbs. The breadcrumbs add a nice texture to the pasta.
This Vegan Cauliflower Pasta is packed full of protein and nutrition. The cauliflower makes a delicious vegetable filled pasta.
- 1 Small-Medium Sized Cauliflower Head
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Yellow, diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- Pinch Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ Cup Vegetable Broth
- ½ Cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- ½ Cup Gluten-Free & Vegan Breadcrumbs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1 - Package Modern Table Elbow Pasta
- Cut the cauliflower in half. Cut off the leaves and the core. Chop the stalks, core, and leaves in to a small dice.
- Cut the cauliflower into small bite-sized florets.
- In a large deep sided skillet or pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the cauliflower leaves, stalks and core. Season with salt and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the leaves are just beginning to wilt. Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring frequently, until the cauliflower leaves are just tender, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower florets, garlic, red pepper flakes and vegetable broth.
- Raise the heat to medium heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium low and cover. Cook until the cauliflower is tender, 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a large pinch of salt. Cook the pasta until done; reserving ½ cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the cauliflower. Add in the little of the pasta water, about ⅓ of a cup. Heat the pasta and cauliflower over medium heat. And the parsley and a drizzle of olive oil; stir. Add more pasta water if the pasta is a little dry.
- Serve the pasta immediately. Top the pasta with breadcrumbs and a pinch of red pepper flakes.