Cheesy baked vegan meatball pasta is a quick and easy dinner recipe that can also be made ahead of time.
Baked pasta recipes are my favorite kind of comfort food and I'm excited to share this recipe for Baked Vegan Meatball Pasta.
It seems like I'm not the only one who loves a comforting baked pasta recipe! My recipe for easy vegan baked pasta with vegan ricotta is a reader favorite.
I've been wanting to share more baked pasta recipe with you for awhile now. This baked pasta with meatballs is really easy to make and a hearty, comforting vegan dinner.
How to make vegan baked pasta
Start by brining a large pot of water to boil and cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
Be careful not to overcook the pasta since it will cook longer in the oven I like to cook the pasta al dente since the pasta will continue cooking in the oven.
Next, brown the vegan meatballs in a large dutch oven or saucepan.
what kind of meatballs to use
For this recipe, I like to use the Beyond Meatballs. I really love the flavor and texture of the meatballs. If your vegan meatballs are frozen, just make sure to thaw the meatballs the day before.
After the meatballs have browned, deglaze the pot with red wine.
Then pour in the marinara sauce and let the sauce simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Once the pasta is done, add it the the sauce and meatballs.
Transfer the pasta to a 9 by 13 baking dish.
Top the pasta with shredded vegan mozzarella cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
what to serve with the pasta
I love serving this vegan baked pasta recipe with fresh bread and a glass of red wine.
Can the baked pasta be made ahead of time?
You can assemble the pasta and bake it the next day. The baking time will be a little bit longer.
If you make this recipe, be sure tag us on Instagram @thymeandlove or leave a comment here on the blog post! We love to see what you are making!
- 1 Pound Dry Pasta, I like ziti or penne
- 1 Tablespoon Avocado Oil
- 1 Package Vegan Meatballs, thawed if frozen
- ⅓ Cup Dry Red Wine
- 32 ounces Marinara Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Package Vegan Mozzarella Shredded Cheese
- ½ Cup Fresh chopped parsley, plus extra for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce.
- In a large dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Brown the vegan meatballs on each side.
- Once the meatballs are browned, deglaze the pot with the red wine, scrapping up any of the brown bits at the bottom of the pot.
- Pour in the marinara sauce and bring to a simmer. Lower the heat and cook the sauce for 10-15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the pasta is done cooking, add the cooked pasta and parsley to the marinara sauce; stir.
- Transfer the pasta to a 9 by 13 baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.