You are going to love how easy it is to make this creamy One Pot Vegan Chipotle Pasta!
I love cooking, but I will admit that I hate washing so many dishes. How are there always so many dishes to wash after cooking?!
Lately, I have been trying to minimize the amount of pots and pans I use when making dinner. It is just too hot to be standing in the kitchen for hours. This summer I started making one pot dishes and experimenting with different recipes. This recipe for One Pot Vegan Chipotle Pasta has become a staple this summer.
Raw cashews create a rich and creamy pasta sauce that will satisfy both vegans and omnivores. The pasta sauce is inspired by my Chipotle Spaghetti recipe that I shared on the blog a few years ago. I love adding chipotle peppers in adobo sauce to pasta sauce. The chipotle peppers add a really nice smokiness and heat to the sauce.
Since zucchini is currently in season, I decided to sautéed some before cooking the pasta in the sauce. I love zucchini with the chipotle pasta sauce too. Yum!
After the zucchini is cooked, transfer it to a plate. The pasta sauce and vegetable broth gets poured into the same pot. No need to whip out the pot! This saves so much time and extra dishes by using the same pot.
Once the liquid comes up to a boil, add the pasta right into the sauce. I used a gluten-free chickpea pasta and it cooked beautifully in the sauce.
The cook time on the pasta will depend on the type of pasta that you are using. I would say on average 8-10 minutes, a little less if you are using a smaller pasta shape.
The pasta will absorb most of the pasta sauce, creating a creamy and delicious pasta!
The sautéed zucchini gets added back to the pot. It is just so easy to make this One Pot Vegan Chipotle Pasta recipe!
Great for an easy weeknight meal when you don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
- 1/2 Cup Raw Cashews, soaked for 2 hours or overnight
- 1 14.5 ounce can Diced Tomatoes
- 2-3 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce, add more for a spicer pasta
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin
- 1/4 Tsp Mexican Oregano
- 1/2 Tsp Salt, or to taste
- 1-2 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast, optional
- 1 Tablespoon Avocado Oil
- 2 Medium Zucchinis, sliced into half moons
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 8 ounce Package Penne Pasta
- Optional- chopped cilantro for garnish
- Drain the cashews and place into a high speed blender. Add the tomatoes, chipotle peppers, garlic, paprika, cumin, oregano, salt, and nutritional yeast if using. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Set aside.
- In a large pot or dutch oven, heat the avocado oil over medium-high heat. Add the sliced zucchini and saute for 5-8 minutes, or until cooked. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- To the same pot, pour in the chipotle pasta sauce and vegetable broth. Bring to a low boil and then add the pasta. Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked.
- Add the zucchini back into the pot and stir. Cook for 1 minute longer.
- Serve! I love to Garnish the pasta with some chopped cilantro.
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag us on Instagram #thymeandlove. We would love to see what you are cooking!