This post has been sponsored by iHerb. As always all thoughts are my own.
I love to shop at my local farmers market year round. If I had to chose my favorite season to shop at the market, it definitely would be fall. There is just something so magical about the harvest season and fall produce. From brussel sprouts to apples, there is a plethora of amazing fall fruits and vegetables. When you purchase produce in season, you will get more nutrition from the vegetables and fruits.
For all my none produce grocery items, I shop at iHerb. Shopping at iHerb is so easy. iHerb carries over 5,000 grocery products that can be shipped to over 160 countries! Ordering my groceries online with iHerb was so easy. If you have any questions when shopping at iHerb, there customer service is amazing. Plus they can help in 10 different languages! One of my favorite things about shopping at iHerb is that I can find products that I can’t always find at my local grocery stores. Plus shopping online is very convenient. I also love that iHerb has an amazing selection of vegan products. Just search vegan and you’ll find a amazing selection!
Have you had raw brussel sprouts before? Shredded raw brussel sprouts make a great salad base. Since raw brussel sprouts can be a little tough, I like to marinate the brussel sprouts and the apple in the salad dressing for 30 minutes. The dressing helps them to soften. Plus they absorb all the delicious flavor from the maple dressing.
During the fall I love incorporating pure maple syrup into my recipes. When buying maple syrup, I look for pure organic maple syrup like Coombs Family Farms Organic Maple Syrup. This salad dressing is so easy to make too. I like to use cold pressed extra virgin olive oil. When purchasing olive oil, I look for olive oil that is stored in a protective container against light. When olive oil is exposed to light and heat, it can destroy the oil. My favorite for extra virgin olive oil for salad dressings is La Tourangelle 100% Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil. It is well balanced and has a really nice delicate flavor; perfect for a salad dressing base. To emulsify the dressing, I use Annie’s Naturals Organic Dijon Mustard. This is my go to mustard and use it for everything! I season the salad dressing with my go-to Eden Foods Sea Salt and Simply Organic Ground Black Pepper.
I am now officially obsessed with coconut bacon! It is so good! I like to use Edward & Sons Unsweetened Organic Coconut Flakes. Instead of using soy sauce or tamari, I like to use The Original Coconut Aminos by Coconut Secret. Coconut aminos is soy-free, gluten-free, and contains 17 amino acids!
To complete that salad, I add Now Foods Real Food, Raw Pecans Unsalted for added protein and texture to the salad. The combination of pecans, brussel sprouts and apples is so good! The coconut bacon really takes this salad to the next level!
For the coconut bacon:
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Organic Coconut Flakes
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Aminos
- ½ Tablespoon Pure Maple Syrup
- ½ Tsp Liquid Smoke
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- ¼ Tsp Black Pepper
For the Salad Dressing:
- ⅓ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- ½ Tsp Sea Salt
- ¼ Tsp Black Pepper
For the salad:
- 4 Cups Shredded Brussel Sprouts
- 1 Apple thinly sliced, I used gala apples
- ½ Cup Pecans
- For the coconut bacon, preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium mixing bowl, add the coconut flakes, coconut aminos, maple syrup, liquid smoke, salt and pepper. Stir to evenly coat the coconut flakes.
- Bake the coconut for 12 minutes, flipping halfway through. I like to keep an eye after the coconut has been cooking for 10 minutes because it can burn easily.
- Set aside to cool.
- For the salad dressing:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the salad dressing ingredients.
- For the Salad:
- In a large mixing bowl, add the shredded brussel sprouts and apple. Pour the dressing over and stir to incorporate the dressing. Let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, add the pecans and coconut bacon.
- Serve and enjoy!
Have you shopped at iHerb before? If not you can save money on your first order!