It’s that time of year to break out the slow cookers! During the fall, I love making soups like this delicious Slow Cooker Vegan Taco Soup in the crockpot!
This Slow Cooker Vegan Taco Soup couldn’t be any easier. Simply, add all the ingredients to the crockpot and let it do all the work for you.
The best part about this taco soup recipe is that you only need 5 ingredients to make the soup!
ingredients for the taco soup:
- Salsa– For this soup recipe, we are keeping things easy and using store-bought salsa. I love homemade salsa, but for this taco soup recipe, I actually prefer to use a jarred salsa. You don’t need to use an expensive salsa. Just pick a salsa that you know that you will like. If you like things extra spicy, I highly recommend choosing a hot salsa.
- Taco Seasoning– Since we are keeping things super easy, this recipe calls for a packet of store-bought taco seasoning. There are lots of great tacos seasonings on the market. I really like Siete’s taco seasonings.
- Canned Beans– You can really use your favorite kinds of beans for the recipe. I really like the combination of black beans and pinto beans.
- Vegetable Broth- For the cooking liquid, we are using vegetable broth for the base of the soup.
- Corn– Towards the end of cooking, corn is added into the soup. Depending on the time of year, you can use fresh or frozen corn. When corn is in season, I prefer to use fresh corn for the taco soup.
This soup recipe is perfect when you are short on time. During the fall are schedules tend to be a little hectic. From school to after school activities, and holiday events, we don’t always have a lot of time to prep dinner.
This taco soup recipe made in the slow cooker is a great option for when you don’t have a lot of time to make dinner.
You can switch things up too. Use your favorite kinds of beans, salsa and toppings.
Taco Soup Toppings
This taco soup is delicious without any extra toppings but I love serving the taco soup with a few toppings.
Crushed tortilla chips are one of my favorite toppings for the soup. The crunch of the tortilla chip adds a nice texture to the soup.
For a pop of freshness, chopped cilantro is a great taco soup topping.
And of course, ripe buttery avocados are perfect for topping the taco soup.
Using the slow cooker during the fall months is such a great time saver. Here are some more tasty slow cooker recipe ideas:
I hope that you enjoy crockpot taco soup recipe. This is such a simple and easy soup recipe and I hope that you give it a try!
- 16 Ounce Jar Salsa
- 1 15 Ounce Can Black Beans, drained and rinised
- 1 15 Once Can Pinto Beans, drained and rinised
- 1 1/2 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 Packet of Taco Seasoning
- 1 Cup Corn, fresh or frozen
Optional Soup Toppings
- Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- Avocado sliced
- Sliced Green Onions
- Tortilla Chips
- To the slow cooker, add in the salsa, beans, brothand taco seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 2 hours.
- During the last 30 minutes for cooking, add in the corn and stir.
- Serve with your favorite taco soup toppings!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1632Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 6168mgCarbohydrates: 294gFiber: 91gSugar: 25gProtein: 87g
Nutrition information is just an estimate for the recipe.