Bright lemony Vegan Artichoke Pasta is a quick, easy dairy-free recipe for pasta night!
This simple, delicious Vegan Artichoke Pasta is made with vegan butter, lemon, and lots of Vegan Parmesan. And this pasta is made with canned artichoke hearts so you can enjoy it year-round.
Pasta night is one of our favorites. We look forward to pasta night every week and this Vegan Artichoke Pasta has been a favorite pasta recipe this spring.
The combination of artichokes and lemon is so good. I love anything with fresh lemon juice and zest; especially in pasta.
This Vegan Artichoke Pasta recipe is easy enough for a quick weeknight dinner.
Ingredients needed for artichoke pasta:
Pasta- I really like using rigatoni or penne pasta for this recipe. You could also use fettuccine or spaghetti for the artichoke pasta.
Pasta cooking water- Using a little starchy pasta water helps bring the sauce together. Since we aren't adding any cream, the pasta water helps to bind the sauce and pasta together.
Lemon- To brighten up the pasta, we are using both the zest of a lemon and juice. Just make sure to zest the lemon before juicing it. I love using a microplane to zest the lemon.
If you don't have a microplane, I highly recommend adding one to your kitchen essentials. It is a great inexpensive kitchen tool that comes in handy.
Artichoke hearts- I prefer to use canned artichoke hearts for this recipe. Using canned artichoke hearts for this pasta recipe allows to make this recipe anytime of the year.
how to make artichoke pasta:
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until al dente, according to package instructions. Reserve one cup of the cooking water to use later, then drain the pasta well.
While the pasta is cooking, in a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil and butter. Cook the onion until softened, about 8 minutes.
Add the garlic and lemon zest and cook until fragrant.
Stir in artichokes and sauté until heated through, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and remove from heat.
Add the cooked pasta, pasta water and vegan Parmesan. Stir and serve immediately. I like to garnish the pasta with fresh chopped parsley.
More Pasta Recipes:
- Vegan Beet Pasta
- Avocado Pasta
- Creamy Vegan Asparagus Pasta
- Vegan Baked Pasta with Tofu Ricotta
- Easy Vegan Pesto Pasta Salad
If you make this vegan pasta recipe, be sure to tag us on Instagram! We'd love to see what you are making.
Vegan Artichoke Pasta
Bright, light lemon vegn artichoke pasta is a great easy pasta night reicpe.
- 1 Pound Pasta, I like to use penne or rigatoni pasta
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Vegan Butter, divided
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1- 14 ounce can Artichoke Hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- Juice of a Large Lemon
- 1 Cup Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Chopped Parsley for garnish, optional
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large pot, bring 4 quarts water and 1 tablespoon salt to boil. Cook the pasta about 9 to 11 minutes, or according to the package directions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water and then drain well.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a large skillet over medium heat, add the oil and 1 tablespoon of butter. Stir in onion, pinch of salt, and black pepper. Cook until softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and lemon zest; stir, cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in artichokes and sauté until heated through, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and remove from heat.
- Add the cooked pasta, ½ cup of pasta water, remaining tablepsoon of butter and vegan Parmesan. Stir and add more pasta water if needed. Serve immediately. I like to garnish the pasta with fresh chopped parsley.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 432Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 523mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 7gSugar: 8gProtein: 15g
Nutrition information is just an estimate per serving.
Leave a Reply