This rich creamy vegan asparagus pasta takes less than 30 minutes to cook! Perfect for when you’re craving something a little more decedent for dinner.
I make pasta at least once a week. I have found that pasta recipes are a quick and easy to make. A great option for when you are busy and on the go. I love changing up the pasta sauce and vegetables. This Creamy Vegan Asparagus Pasta recipe is one of my new favorites. I’ve been making this recipe all spring and I’m so excited to share it with you!
I love adding fresh local asparagus to recipes during the spring. Asparagus is one of my favorite vegetables, so I make sure to take full advantage when it’s in season. I love the addition of asparagus to this creamy pasta. It adds a really nice texture and pop of color to the pasta.
This creamy pasta sauce is so easy to make. The blender does most of the work! To make this sauce extra creamy, I like to use vegan cream cheese. The cream cheese creates a luscious pasta sauce. There are so many great vegan cream cheeses out there on the market now. I really like Trader Joe’s vegan cream cheese and Kite Hill’s vegan cream cheese.
For a pop of flavor, lemon juice and nutritional yeast take this pasta sauce to the next level. The fresh lemon juice goes so well with the fresh asparagus too!
For a gluten-free option, I really love using a chickpea based pasta. The texture holds up really well. Plus, the chickpea pasta is packed with tons of protein!
This pasta would also be a great one for feeding a crowd, no one could tell that it’s vegan. It is a dish that everyone can enjoy without missing out on flavor.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 Cups Asparagus, roughly chopped
- Salt , to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 12 Ounces Pasta, gluten-free if necessary
- For the Pasta Sauce:
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 8 Ounces Vegan Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Soy Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add olive oil, garlic and asparagus. Season with a pinch each salt and pepper and stir.
- Sauté for 6-8 minutes, stirring frequently, until the asparagus is tender. Remove from skillet and set aside. If you prefer more tender asparagus, cook longer until desired texture is reached.
- While the asparagus is cooking, bring a large pot of water to a boil and season with salt. Add pasta and cook according to package instructions, reserve some of the pasta water, then drain the pasta and set aside.
- Meanwhile, make the pasta sauce.To a blender add the 2 garlic cloves, vegan cream cheese, soy milk, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Blend until creamy and smooth. Taste and adjust flavor as needed. Pour into the same skillet that you cooked the green beans in.
- Heat the sauce over medium heat to warm until slightly bubbly, then reduce heat to low to keep warm. Stir occasionally.
- Add the asparagus mixture. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cooked drained pasta directly to the sauce along with some of the reserved pasta water. Stir to coat and enjoy immediately.