You're going to love easy it is to make this healthy, delicious recipe for Roasted Cauliflower Pitas with garlic lemon tahini sauce.
I am always looking for quick and easy lunch ideas. As a busy new mom, I am always trying to find quick and easy lunch ideas.
This recipe for roasted cauliflower pita sandwiches just takes a few minutes to prep.
how to make roasted cauliflower pitas
First, you'll want to cut the head of cauliflower into florets.
Next, season the cauliflower with a delicious combination of spices. I like to season the cauliflower with cumin, smoked paprika, coriander, and garlic powder.
These spices are a staple in my kitchen and I find myself using them all of the time.
Along with the spices, toss the cauliflower in olive oil. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
While the cauliflower is baking, make the garlic lemon tahini sauce.
For the tahini sauce you'll just need to mix together tahini, lemon juice, garlic, water, and parsley.
After the cauliflower is done roasting in the oven, it's time to assemble the pitas.
I like to warm the pita bread in the oven for a few minutes. This step isn't necessary. If your pita bread is a little stiff, this is a great way to awaken the bread.
I really like Atoria's Pita Bread. I usually order it in my Imperfect Foods box each week. It freezes great too!
To the pita bread, add the roasted cauliflower, greens and tomatoes.
Drizzle with the garlic lemon tahini sauce.
I love the combination of the tahini sauce with the roasted cauliflower.
If you are looking for an easy lunch that is also healthy, give these Roasted Cauliflower Pitas a try!
more cauliflower recipes to try:
- 1 Large Head of Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Coriander
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pita Bread
Garlic Lemon Tahini Sauce
- ¼ Cup Tahini
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Garlic Clove, grated
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Parsley
- 2-4 Tablespoons Warm Water, plus more if needed
- Mixed Greens or Lettuce
- Tomato Slices
- Lemon Wedges
- Preheat the oven to 425F degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the cauliflower florets to the baking sheet. Next add the olive oil, ground cumin, paprika, coriander, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and toss.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, make the Garlic Lemon Tahini Sauce. Whisk all the ingredients together for the tahini sauce until you reach a creamy consistency. I usually start with 2 tablespoons of water and add more if needed.
- To assemble the pitas, lay them open on aluminum foil and heat the pita in the oven for a couple minutes. This step is optional; only if you want a warm pita.
- Add the roasted cauliflower to the pitas, drizzle with the sauce and add the greens, tomatoes, and squeeze of lemon juice, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 523Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 410mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 16gSugar: 12gProtein: 18g