Quick and easy to make, Mexican Green Beans is a vibrant side dish perfect for your next Mexican inspired meal.
If you are tired of eating just plain, steamed green beans, give this this easy Mexican inspired green beans recipe a try! This is a flavorful side dish that doesn’t too long to make.
This Mexican inspired vegetable side dish is naturally gluten-free and vegan!
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this delicious vegetable dish dish.
In many Mexican recipes, you’ll find white onion, jalapeños, and tomatoes used.
The combination of the ingredients adds so much flavor to basic steamed green beans.
- Green beans
- Avocado Oil
- White Onion
- Fresh Cilantro
First, trim the ends off the green beans.
Add the green beans to a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook the beans for 7 minutes.
Drain the beans and set aside until needed.
While the green beans are cooking, saute the onion and jalapeño until soft.
Next, add the seeded and diced tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes.
When the beans are done, add them to the pan with the onion and tomatoes.
Season with salt and add fresh chopped cilantro.
To complete the meal, Mexican Black Beans would go great the the Mexican green beans.
The green beans will last 2-3 days in the fridge stored in an air-tight container.
The leftovers can be enjoyed at room temperature or reheated. I also love the green beans served cold.
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag us on Instagram and leave a comment rating the recipe!
- 1 Pound Green Beans
- 1 Tablespoon Avocado Oil
- 1/2 White Onion, finely diced
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2 Tomatoes, seeded and diced
- Salt to taste
- Fresh Cilantro Chopped
- Trim the ends off the green beans. Cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Add the green beans to a large pot and cover with water. Add a pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, cook the beans for 7 minutes. Drain the beans and set aside until needed.
- While the green beans are cooking, heat the oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and jalapeno. Cook until soft, about 4-5 minutes,
- Add the seeded and diced tomatoes; cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in the cooked green beans, salt to taste, and fresh cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy.