This Easy Tomato and White Bean Soup has a secret ingredient—marinara sauce!
It’s soup season and I have a quick and easy soup recipe to share with you. I have been making this Easy Tomato and White Bean Soup on a regular basis. It is so easy to make and packed full of flavor.
The best part about this soup is that most of the ingredients are pantry staples. If you are craving soup all of a sudden, you probably will have most of these ingredients in your pantry!
What makes this soup unique is the marinara sauce. Instead of making your own tomato puree, simply use your favorite marinara sauce. There are so many great marinara sauces available at the grocery store.
I love adding white beans to tomato soup. The beans add lots of plant-based protein to the tomato soup.
For a little kick, a pinch of red pepper flakes add an extra punch of flavor. You can add more if you like your tomato soup extra spicy!
If you do most of grocery shopping at Trader Joe’s, you can find all the needed ingredients there!
I love serving this Easy Tomato and White Bean Soup with some french bread. Soup with fresh bread is one of my favorite meals to make during the winter.
The soup taste even better the next day too!
If you have a jar of marinara sauce in your pantry and not sure what to make, I hope that you’ll give this Easy Tomato and White Bean Soup a try! If you do, leave a comment or tag us @thymeandlove on Instagram!
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 Large Carrot, finely diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 25 ounce Jar Marinara Sauce, vegan-friendly
- 4 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 15 Ounce Cans White Beans, drained and rinsed
- Pinch Red Pepper Flakes, or to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onions and carrots. Cook until softened, about 7-9 minutes.
- Add the garlic, stir, and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the marinara sauce, vegetable broth, white beans, and pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower heat to low.
- Cover and cook 15-20 minutes. Just until everything is heated
- Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.