Dinner just got easier with this recipe for Instant Pot Frozen Meatballs with Pasta. Simply add all the ingredients to the Instant Pot and let it do its thing!
Cooking pasta in the Instant Pot just might be one of my favorite things.
As a new mom, sometimes I just don’t have time to make a complicated dinner recipe.
I started making pasta recipes in the Instant Pot when I was pregnant and I couldn’t believe how easy it was to make.
how to make Instant Pot Meatballs with Pasta
The key to making pasta in the Instant Pot is to layer all the ingredients and not stir.
Using the Instant Pot with tomato based ingredients, can lead to a burn warning. If you don’t stir the ingredients together, this will help prevent getting a burn warning.
I know that very it’s tempting to stir the uncooked pasta with the marinara sauce.
If you have a box of pasta, a jar of sauce in your pantry, and some frozen meatballs, you can make this for dinner!
Start by adding the frozen meatballs to the bottom of the pot. Add the diced tomatoes, pasta, marinara sauce, water and seasonings.
For the frozen meatballs, I have made this pasta recipe with Gardein meatballs and Trader Joe’s Meatless Meatballs. I like both in this recipe, but I think that vegan meatballs from Trader Joe’s are just a little bit better in this Instant Pot pasta recipe.
It will take the Instant Pot about 20 to 30 minutes to come to pressure. Since we are using frozen meatballs, it takes the pressure cooker a little bit longer to come to pressure.
I like to garnish the pasta with vegan parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
I also think that adding some vegan shredded mozzarella after the pasta is done cooking would be really delicious.
If you need an easy meal to get on the table, this Instant Pot Frozen Meatballs with Pasta is a great recipe to have on hand!
looking for more Instant Pot recipes?
If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment or tag us #thymeandlove on Instagram!
- 1 Package Frozen Vegan Meatballs
- 1 -24 ounce Jar of Pasta Sauce
- 1- 14.5 ounce Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Pound Box of Penne Pasta
- 2 Tsp Italian Seasonings
- 4 Cups Water
- 1 Tsp Salt, or to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Chopped Fresh Parlsey
- Grated Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Shredded Vegan Mozzarella Cheese , optional
- To the Instant Pot, add the frozen meatballs.
- Pour in the jar of marinara sauce and diced tomatoes; don't stir. I know it's tempting, but you don't want to stir
- Add in the pasta.
- Add the water, making sure all of the pasta is covered with the water. You don't have to have any pasta exposed. Don't stir.
- Sprinkle the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Again, you don't want to str.
- Put the lid on the Pot and set the knob to Sealing.
- Press the Pressure Cook (or Manual) button or dial, and then the + or - button to choose 5 minutes.
- The pot may take up to 20-30 minutes to get to pressure, due to the frozen meatballs!
- When the pasta is done cooking, do a Quick Release of the pressure until the pin drops.
- Once the pin drops down, carefully remove the lid, facing away from you.
- Stir, and if are using some vegan mozzarella, add it in now.
- Serve with fresh parsley and grated vegan parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 204Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 1067mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 5gSugar: 9gProtein: 7g
This is just an estimate of nutrition information.