Creamy, decedent Instant Pot Vegan Mac and Cheese couldn’t be easier to make!
Ever since I got my Instant Pot, I’ve been trying to create more recipes that specifically use the Instant Pot. My favorite thing about using the Instant Pot is that you can just add the ingredients, set it and forget about it. This is perfect if you don’t want to watch a pot of water boil!
I love how easy it is to make things in the Instant Pot—especially pasta! I was a little skeptical about cooking pasta directly in the Instant Pot. I was so intriqued by the idea of cooking pasta directly in the Instant Pot that I just had to try it.
I couldn’t believe that the pasta came out perfect! I am still in shock how easy it is to make pasta using the Instant Pot.
Mac and cheese is one of my favorite comfort foods. Usually I like to make my own vegan cheese sauce made from whole ingredients, but sometimes I like to add shredded vegan cheese to the pasta.
Since I really wanted this Instant Pot Vegan Mac and Cheese to be super easy, I used vegan shredded cheddar cheese, vegan butter, and plant milk to make a creamy, decedent sauce.
Right now my favorite vegan cheese on the market is from Violife Just Like Cheddar Shreds. I love the taste of the cheese and it is able to melt and get nice and creamy. If you have another favorite vegan cheddar cheese you like to use, feel free to use that for the cheese!
You can also add in some spices if you’d like. Sometimes I like to add some garlic powder, onion powder and nutritional yeast. It is totally up to you if you’d like to spice up the basic Mac and Cheese!
This Instant Pot Vegan Mac and Cheese is perfect if you are looking for an easy recipe that the whole family will love. Kids will just gobble up this Vegan Mac and Cheese!
- 1 Pound Uncooked Elbow Macaroni Pasta
- 4 Cups Water
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 8 ounces Vegan Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Vegan Butter
- 1/2 Cup-3/4 Cup Unsweetened Plant Milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
- Nutritional Yeast
- To the Instant Pot, add the elbow pasta, water, and 1 tsp salt.
- Close the lid and make sure to valve is set to sealing.
- Using the manual pressure cook setting, set to 4 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot timer goes off, quick release the valve and let the steam come out. I like to use a towel to quick release. Be careful because the steam is hot once released!
- Once the pin goes down and there is no longer steam coming out, open the lid.
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté mode.
- Stir in vegan cheese, vegan butter, plant milk, salt and pepper to taste, and if any optional seasonings. I like to start with 1/2 cup of milk and add more if needed.
- Once the cheese has melted and is nice and creamy, turn off the Instant Pot. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
You can also add in some spices if you'd like. Sometimes I like to add some garlic powder, onion powder and nutritional yeast. It is totally up to you if you'd like to spice up the basic Mac and Cheese!