You’re going to love how easy it is to make this recipe for Instant Pot Lentil Tacos!
I love my Instant Pot, but I don’t use it as much as I would like. Using the Instant Pot makes getting dinner on the table so much easier. This year one of my goals is to make recipes for the Instant Pot. First up is this recipe for Instant Pot Lentil Tacos!
I love lentils and tacos, so it only makes sense that I would share a recipe for a lentil taco filling made right in the Instant Pot!
Whether you are a vegan or meat eater, you’ll enjoy these lentil tacos. Lentils are a great plant-based protein source and packed full of nutrients. Plus, they are inexpensive.
I like to season the lentils with a few pantry staples spices and salsa. This time when I made the recipe, I used water for the cooking liquid. You can also use vegetable broth which will add more flavor to the lentils.
The Instant Pot makes this meal come together in no time. Simply put everything in the pot, and give it a stir. That’s it! Cook the lentils for 15 minutes on high pressure.
While the lentils are cooking, I like to prep the taco toppings. I love serving these lentil tacos with chopped lettuce, diced tomatoes, avocado, and salsa.
After the lentils are done cooking, carefully release the pressure. The lentils are ready to serve!
You can also make the lentil taco filling ahead of time. The lentils will thicken up as they cool, so I like to add a little bit of water when reheating the lentils.
More taco recipe ideas!
- Easy Mushroom Tacos
- Easy Asparagus and Black Bean Tacos
- Braised Carrot Tacos
- Spicy Cauliflower and White Bean Tacos
- Jackfruit Tacos and Rice
- 2 Cups Brown Lentils, sorted and rinsed
- 4 Cups Water or Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 Cup Salsa
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Mexican Oregano
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Chopped Lettuce
- Diced Tomatoes
- Diced Avocado
- Corn tortillas, warmed
- Add the lentils, water, salsa, chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper to the Instant Pot.
- Stir to combine the ingredients.
- Close the lid and move valve to sealing position.
- Cook on high pressure (manual) for 15 minutes.
- Once the timer beeps, carefully cover the valve with a towel and switch it to quick release to release all of the pressure.
- Open the lid and give the lentils a stir.
- Serve with warmed tortillas and your desired toppings.