Creamy Vegan White Bean Soup with fresh rosemary is perfect for when you are craving a cozy bowl of soup.
White beans are infused with aromatic rosemary for a flavorful bowl of soup. Fresh rosemary takes bean soup to the next level.
Is anyone else excited that soup season is almost here. I can't wait for cooler weather and cozy bowls of soup like this creamy white bean soup.
This white bean soup uses pantry-friendly staples to create an easy budget-friendly soup recipe.
- olive oil
- yellow onion
- fresh rosemary
- white beans
- vegetable broth
- salt and pepper
- fresh lemon juice
how to make the soup:
The recipe starts by blending one can of white beans with their liquid. By blending some of the beans, this will create a creamy soup without having to add any dairy.
Next heat the olive oil in a large dutch oven and cook the onion until soft. Now add in the garlic and rosemary and cook until fragrant.
Pour in the pureed beans, white beans, vegetable broth, salt and pepper. Bring the soup to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced some.
Turn off the heat and add the lemon juice. The lemon juice will help to brighten up the soup and bring all the flavors together.
how to serve the white bean soup
I love serving the Vegan White Bean Soup in bread bowls. I really love the sourdough bread bowls from Sam's Club. They make the perfect soup bowls.
You can also just serve some crusty bread on the side with the soup. A side of bread goes really well with this bean soup.
Can I freeze the soup?
This bean soup with rosemary freezes really well. The recipe makes a smaller quantity of soup, but can always double the soup recipe.
more soup recipes:
- Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Vegan Instant Pot Spilt Pea Soup
- Slow Cooker Vegan Taco Soup
- Celeriac and Potato Soup
- 3- 15 Ounce Can White Norther Beans, divided
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, diced
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Rosemary, minced
- 2 Cups Vegetable Broth
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- Pour one can of the white beans with the bean liquid to a blender. Blend until smooth. Set aside. Drain the other two cans of beans and set aside until needed.
- Heat the olive oil in a large dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until soft, about 4-6 minutes.
- Add the mince garlic and rosemary; stir, and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the vegetable broth, purred white beans and drained white beans. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and cook 15-20 minutes, or until the soup has thickened.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the lemon juice. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Serve in a bread bowl or with a side of crusty bread.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 383Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1503mgCarbohydrates: 72gFiber: 14gSugar: 27gProtein: 16g
Nutrition information is just an estimate per serving.