Vegan Peppermint Rice Crispy Treats are a festive holiday treat that only take a few minutes to make!
Rice crispy treats are one of my favorite treats to make. You only need a few ingredients and everyone loves a classic rice crispy treat. When I recently discovered mini peppermint marshmallows, I knew that I wanted to make a Christmas inspired treat! I thought why not add the marshmallows to classic rice crispy treats!
These Vegan Peppermint Rice Crispy Treats would be really fun to make with the kids too! The peppermint marshmallows are light pink color and add a nice touch of color to the rice crispy treat. Kids will just love these!
For an extra pop of peppermint flavor, I like to add a little bit of peppermint extract. I love anything with peppermint this time of year. I always keep a bottle of peppermint extract in the cupboard. A little bit of the extract take your holiday baking to the next level.
For the marshmallows, be sure to look for vegan mini peppermint marshmallows. I was excited to see that Trader Joe’s now carries them! Dandies also makes a great peppermint marshmallow.
For an extra festive touch, I love sprinkling crushed candy canes on top the the rice crispy treats. It adds an extra pop of color and peppermint flavor. Plus who doesn’t love candy canes?!
One of my favorite things about rice crispy treats is that they can be made in advance. I love having a few easy recipes that I can make a few days ahead of time—especially during the holidays!
If you love peppermint, you also love these recipes!
I hope that you enjoy these festive rice crispy treats this holiday season! If you do, be sure to tag us on Instagram #thymeandlove!
- In a large pot on very low heat, add the butter. When the butter has melted add in the marshmallows. Stir until the marshmallows are fully broken down, about 7–8 minutes.
- Once the marshmallows are melted, add in peppermint extract; stir.
- Then add in the cereal and stir until evenly coated with marshmallow cream. Press mixture into a 9x12 pan.
- Sprinkle the crushed candy canes on top.
- Once cool, cut into squares, and enjoy!