Slow Cooker BBQ Cranberry Vegan Meatballs are perfect for game day or holiday entertaining!
Growing up in the Midwest, slow cooker meatballs are a staple at holiday parties. There are a few different variations on the classic slow cooker meatballs. The basic idea is that frozen meatballs are slow cooked in some sort of sauce. A few years ago, I shared a family favorite—Slow Cooker Vegan Chili Sauce and Grape Jelly Meatballs. The combination of chili sauce and grape jelly sounds weird, but it quite delicious!
This holiday season, I wanted to share another slow cooker vegan meatball recipe. Another famous sauce combination is cranberry sauce and BBQ sauce. I love adding cranberry sauce to recipes this time of year.
I've also seen recipes that combine the cranberry sauce with chili sauce. Another delicious combination!
To keep this recipe easy, I like to use store-bought cranberry sauce and BBQ sauce. It just keeps things super easy during the busy holiday season.
For the vegan meatballs, I used the vegan meatballs from Trader Joe's. I really like these meatballs and they are a great price. Another favorite brand is Gardein.
how to make the recipe
- This 3 ingredient recipe couldn't be easier! Simply add the cranberry sauce, BBQ sauce, and vegan meatballs to your slow cooker.
- Cook the meatballs on low for 3-4 hours.
- Serve right away or keep on the warm setting until ready to serve!
- 1 12 Ounce Jar Cranberry Sauce
- 1 18 Ounce Jar BBQ Sauce
- 2 Pounds Frozen Vegan Meatballs, I used the Vegan Meatballs from Trader Joe's
- Add the chili sauce and grape jelly to the slow cooker. Whisk until evenly mixed
- Add the vegan meatballs and stir to evenly coat the meatballs in the sauce
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
Did you grow up with slow cooker meatballs at holiday potlucks and parties? If you do, what is your favorite variation? I'd love to know!