Tofu doesn't have to be boring! You'll love this flavorful Asian Baked Tofu recipe.
I make tofu at least once a week. Tofu is essentially a blank canvas which allows me to get creative in the kitchen. I love creating new sauces and marinades for tofu. The options are endless when it comes to tofu!
I've shared quite a few different tofu recipes on the blog over the years. Today, I am really excited to be sharing my new favorite Asian Baked Tofu recipe. I think that your family is really going to like this tofu recipe as much as mine!
Slices of tofu are baked in a sweet and tangy Asian ginger glaze. This glaze is a little sweet and sticky. The base of the glaze is maple syrup, rice vinegar, coconut aminos, and sesame oil. For aromatics, I like to add fresh grated ginger and garlic. Everything is better with a little garlic, right?
As the tofu bakes in the oven, it adsorbs all the wonderful flavors of the glaze. The Asian inspired glaze elevate basic tofu. No more boring tofu!
I like to serve slices of the Asian Baked Tofu over brown rice and roasted cauliflower or broccoli.
If you are looking for a new tofu recipe, I think that you will really like this tofu. If you make the recipe, be sure to leave a comment or tag us on Instagram #thymeandlove. We would love to know that you are making!
- 1- 14 Ounce Package Extra Firm Tofu
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ¼ Cup Maple Syrup
- ¼ Cup Rice Vinegar
- ¼ Cup Coconut Aminos
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger, grated
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves, grated
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Drain the tofu, then use a tofu press to press the tofu for at least 30 minutes. If you have the time, press the tofu for up to an hour.
- Slice the tofu into 8 slices. Place the tofu slices into a 9 by 9 baking dish.
- Season each slice of tofu with salt and pepper to taste.
- Next, make the glaze. In a mixing bowl, add the maple syrup, rice vinegar, coconut aminos, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic. Whisk to combine the ingredients.
- Pour over the tofu slices.
- Bake for 50 minutes; flipping the tofu halfway through cooking.
- Serve over brown rice and vegetables if desired.