Warm, gooey vegan chocolate lava cake with a rich fudge sauce is a simple easy dessert made right in the slow cooker.
It's hard to believe that this easy, luscious dessert is made right in your crockpot. The slow cooker is so versatile and I am always amazed at what you can make in the slow cooker.
For the ultimate dessert, I love serving this Vegan Chocolate Lava Cake with ice cream. Is there anything better than a warm gooey cake topped with ice cream? It's one of my favorite combinations.
When you think about slow cooker recipes, savory dishes probably come to mind. The slow cooker isn't just for savory recipes. You can make a delicious easy dessert right in the crockpot!
If you've never made a dessert in the slow cooker before, you wont believe how easy it is to make a cake in the slow cooker.
The slow cooker just doesn't have to be for savory dishes. Making desserts in the slow cooker is so simple and easy.
How do you make Chocolate Cake in a slow cooker?
First, you will spread your chocolate cake batter into the bottom of a slow cooker.
Then, add the sugary chocolate topping. Finally, pour hot water over all of it and don't stir.
I know it's very tempting to stir, but you don't want to stir after pouring the hot water no top of the cake batter.
Cook on high for about 3 hours. The aroma smells amazing as the chocolate lava cake cooks. If your slow cooker runs hot, it might not take as long to cook.
how to serve the chocolate lava cake
Serve the warm vegan chocolate lava cake with a scoop of ice cream.
Adding a dollop of coconut whip cream would also be so delicious!
If your slow cooker has a warm setting, you can keep the cake warm after it's done cooking. Once the cake is done, leave the slow cooker on the warm setting until ready to serve. I probably wouldn't leave the warm setting on for more than 2 hours.
With each bite of this chocolate cake, you'll get a little bit of the warm, gooey chocolate cake and cold ice cream.
More slow cooker recipes:
- Vegan Slow Cooker Enchilada Quinoa Black Bean Bake
- Slow Cooker Vegan Taco Soup
- Slow Cooker Lentil Sloppy Joes
- Slow Cooker Chickpea Cacciatore with Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Vegan Mashed Potatoes
If you are looking for an easy dessert recipe and love chocolate, give this Vegan Chocolate Lava Cake a try!
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- ¾ Cup Cane Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ Cup Plant Milk, I used unsweetened vanilla
- ⅓ Cup Vegan Butter, melted
- 2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Cane Sugar
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 ½ Cups Hot Water
- Vegan Ice Cream
- Coat the slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients.
- Pour the milk, butter, and vanilla into the well. Whisk until combined. Pour the batter into the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Next make the topping. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, brown sugar, cocoa powder until evenly combined.
- Sprinkle the topping over the batter in the slow cooker. Pour the hot water over the top of the batter and topping. Do not stir. It's very important not to stir after pouring the hot water.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5 hours.
If your slow cooker runs hot, the cooking time might very and not take as long to cook.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 352Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 214mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 1gSugar: 48gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information is just an estimate per serving.