These Spicy Cauliflower and White Bean Tacos are packed full of spicy flavor!
I didn't plan to share this recipe for Spicy Cauliflower and White Beans Tacos here on the blog. I created this recipe one night for dinner on a whim. I had a head of cauliflower in the fridge that I needed to use up and cauliflower tacos sounded like the perfect way to use it up. I wanted to up the protein in the tacos, so I added a can of white beans. I like to keep a couple cans of beans in my pantry for quick and easy meals. I knew that I wanted to create a Mexican inspired taco so I made a quick tomato and chile sauce.
My husband Hector liked this simple taco recipe so much. He said that I needed to share the recipe with you. So I just had to remake and take photos of the recipe to share with you!
The sauce is inspired by my salsa roja recipe. The sauce uses arbol chile peppers which are spicy! These peppers are tiny, but they pack quite a punch! For this recipe, I like to use 6-8 chiles. If you can't locate chiles de arbol at your local grocery store, you can find them online!
To balance out the spiciness of the sauce, I like to serve these tacos with my Basic Cashew Crema, a squeeze of lime and a little chopped cilantro. So simple and delicious!
I use the almond flour tortillas from Siete for the tortillas. Have you tried their tortillas yet? They are so good! I wasn't sure about a paleo and grain-free tortilla at first but now I'm obsessed. And their tortilla chips are also amazing!
I hope that you enjoy these Spicy Cauliflower and White Bean Tacos!
Only a few ingredients
Spicy Cauliflower and White Bean Tacos
A quick and easy weeknight meal. These tacos are packed with flavor and only require a few ingredients! Serve with my basic cashew crema!
- 6-8 Arbol Chiles
- 2 Medium Tomatoes, cored
- ¼ White Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Medium to Large Head of Cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1- 15 ounce can White Beans, rinsed and drained
- Warm Tortillas
- Cashew Crema
- Chopped Cilantro
- Lime Wedges
- Remove the stems from the chiles. Place in a medium saucepan along with the tomatoes. Cover with water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a low simmer. Cook for 7-10 minutes, until the tomato has softened.
- Use a slotted spoon the remove the chiles and tomatoes and place into a blender, reserving the cooking water. Add ¼ cup of the cooking liquid, white onion and garlic. Blend until smooth. Set aside until needed.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the diced cauliflower and cook for 5 minutes, occasionally stirring.
- Add the white beans and stir. Lower heat to medium and carefully pour in the tomato sauce and add the salt. Stir together. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and cover.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Serve with warm tortillas and desired toppings!
[…] These Spicy Cauliflower and White Bean Tacos from Thyme and Love sound easy and […]