This Watermelon Guacamole is the perfect guacamole for summer.
This Watermelon Guacamole is inspired by Amanda, my husband’s niece. When we lived in Mexico City, Amanda showed me how to make this light and refreshing guacamole. The original recipe comes from her Grandmother. One day she came down to our apartment and said she wanted to show me how to make Watermelon Guacamole. I had never heard of putting watermelon in guacamole before. She knew that I loved to cook and wanted to show me one of her family recipes. I just love that!
Cooking together is so much fun. One of my favorite things to do is spend time in the kitchen with others. I love learning different recipes and techniques. I have been wanting to share this recipe on the blog for awhile now. I am excited to finally to share the recipe with you!
The combination of watermelon and avocado is so good. If you have never had the two together, I highly recommend giving it a try!
Fruity watermelon is the perfect pairing with the spicy jalapeno. With each bite, you’ll get some creamy avocado, sweet watermelon and a hint of spiciness.
This Watermelon Guacamole is the perfect guacamole for summer. It is refreshing, spicy and perfect for chip dipping!
- 3 Avocados
- 3 Tablespoons Red Onion, minced
- 1 Jalapeno minced, seeds removed for less heat
- 2-3 Tablespoons Cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt, or to taste
- 1 Cup Watermelon, diced into small pieces
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pit. Scoop the avocado into a mixing bowl. Use the back of fork or potato masher to mash the avocados.
- Add the red onion, jalapenos, cilantro, lime juice and salt.. Stir.
- Fold in the watermelon.
- Add more lime juice or salt to taste if needed.