Easy Peanut Noodles are not only flavorful but also budget-friendly! This noodle dish is quick and easy, coming together in less than 20 minutes.
Noodles are tossed in a bright peanut sauce that has a secret ingredient—Trader Joe's Thai Sweet Ginger Sauce.
Have you tried the Thai Sweet Ginger Sauce from Trader Joe's before? I'm obsessed. I love anything with ginger and this sauce elevates a simple peanut sauce.
If you don't shop at Trader Joe's, no need to worry! You can also use any Thai Sweet Chili Sauce that you like. The sweet chili sauce is a great way to add more depth of flavor to the sauce.
how to make peanut noodles
First, you'll want to bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package direction, drain and set aside.
While the pasta is cooking, make the peanut sauce. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, Thai Sweet Chili Sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, and warm water.
To thin out the peanut butter, pour in a little bit of warm water at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
Add in the sliced green onions and stir to combine.
When the pasta is done cooking, add the cooked pasta to the peanut sauce and toss until combined.
The last step is to add some chopped fresh cilantro.
I like to serve the peanut noodles right away. I think that they taste best served right away, but if you have any leftovers they still tastes great the next day.
substitutions and variations
Thai Chili Sauce- I really like using the Trader Joe's Thai Ginger Sweet Sauce, but if you don't shop at Trader Joe's, you can use and Thai Sweet Chili Sauce. Both are delicious in the peanut sauce.
Noodles- I usually use spaghetti because I always have a box on hand in my pantry. You can substitute any long thin noodle, ramen would be great. For a gluten-free peanut noodle pasta dish, use a gluten-free noodle.
Soy Sauce- Instead of using soy sauce, you can use Tamari or coconut aminos instead.
more peanut butter recipes to try:
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzel Bars
- Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- Green Bean Tofu Stir Fry
- Healthy Asian Chopped Vegetable Salad
If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment letting us know how you enjoyed the peanut noodles!
- 8 ounces pasta, like to use spaghetti
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons Thai sweet ginger sauce or Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- ¼-1/2 cup warm water
- ½ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Bring salted water to a boil in a large pot. Once boiling cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the peanut sauce. In a medium bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, chili sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, and half of the water.
- Whisk the sauce, adding more water if the sauce is too thick. Add in the green onions and sitr.
- Transfer the pasta to a large serving dish. Pour the peanut sauce and toss. Add the chopped cilantro and toss togther.
- Serve and enjoy.
I really like using the Thai Sweet Ginger Sauce from Trader Joe's but if you can't find it you can use any Thai sweet chili sauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 275Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 449mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 10g
Nutrition information is just an estimate per serving.