Green Bean Tofu Stir Fry is a quick, easy protein packed plant-based dinner.
The most incredible coconut curry peanut sauce is added to the tofu and green beans. This sauce is one of my favorites for a few different reasons.
I love adding a coconut peanut sauce to tofu. This sauce has the perfect balance of sweet and savory.
The sauce is actually inspired by my recipe for vegan peanut noodles. This is one of my favorite weeknight meals. I just love peanut sauce with tofu.
I took the base of the peanut sauce and added a little bit of curry powder to the sauce. I really like flavor that the curry powder adds to the sauce.
Ingredients for the tofu stir fry
For this easy stir fry with tofu and peanuts, you'll need the following ingredients.
- extra firm tofu
- green beans
- coconut milk
- creamy peanut butter
- soy sauce
- light brown sugar
- hot chile oil
- juice of 1 lime
See recipe card for quantities and further recipe instructions.
How to make the peanut tofu stir fry
First step is to press the tofu. I like to use a tofu press and press the tofu for at least 30 minutes.
Now, make the sauce by whisking together the coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, sugar, hot chile oil, lime juice and water in a medium bowl. Set aside until needed.
After pressing the tofu, cut the tofu into cubs. Heat oil in a large deep skillet and brown the tofu.
Once the tofu has browned, add the green beans and sauté for 3-5 minutes.
Add the ginger and garlic to the skillet with the tofu and beans. Cook until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Pour the coconut milk mixture into the skillet; stir, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Vegetables - instead of green beans, you can use whatever vegetables that you like and have on hand. Broccoli would be really good.
- Sugar - Instead of brown sugar, you could use coconut sugar.
- Soy sauce- Instead of soy sauce, you could sub tamari or coconut aminos.
Even you don't follow a plant-based diet, this green bean tofu stir fry is a crowd pleaser.
If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment or tag us on Instagram #thymeandlove. We love to see what you are making!
- 1 16 ounce package Extra Firm Tofu, pressed and drained
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado Oil
- ½ Cup Canned Coconut Milk
- ½ Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- ¼ Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Hot Chile Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Curry Powder
- Juice of 1 Lime
- ⅓ Cup Water
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Pound Green Beans, trimmed and halved
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Fresh Ginger
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Cup Salted Peanuts, roughly Chopped
- ½ Cup Cilantro, chopped
- Cooked White Rice
- Lime Wedges
- Press and drain the tofu for 30 minutes. Cut the tofu into cubes.
- Make the sauce by whisking together the coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, sugar, hot chile oil, curry powder, lime juice and water in a medium bowl. Set aside until needed.
- Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tofu and brown the tofu, about 3-4 minutes. Flip the tofu and cook for another 4 minutes or until browned.
- Once the tofu has browned, add the green beans and sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the skillet with the tofu and beans. Cook until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Pour the coconut milk mixture into the skillet; stir, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve over white rice and garnish with peanuts, cilantro and lime wedges.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 783Total Fat: 57gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 38gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1268mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 11gSugar: 15gProtein: 33g
Nutrition information is just an estimate per serving.