This Healthy Asian Chopped Vegetable Salad with peanut dressing is packed full of veggies! This is a great salad to serve alongside any Asian inspired meal.
This Asian chopped salad has been a weekly staple the past few months. I've been trying to incorporate more raw veggies into my diet and this chopped salad is packed full of raw vegetables.
Just look at all the beautiful colors going on in this salad!
The base of the salad is cabbage. Not only is cabbage good for you, it is very inexpensive. I love using a mix of green and purple cabbage, but you can just use one color if you'd prefer.
Sliced bell peppers add a really nice crunch to the salad. I like to use a mix of colors, but use whatever color bell peppers that you have one hand!
Shredded carrots add a really nice sweetness to the salad. To save time, you can always buy shredded carrots at the grocery store.
I love adding fresh herbs to salads. Herbs are a great way to add flavor without adding a ton of calories to a recipe! I think that the fresh cilantro makes the salad pop!
The dressing for this chopped vegetable salad is really easy to make and delicious! The base of the dressing is peanut butter. I love peanut based dressings, especially in Asian cooking. Fresh lime juice brightens the salad and sesame oil adds an extra layer of flavor. Some peanut dressing have a little sugar added to it, but I find that this salad doesn't need the extra sugar.
I think that you are going to love this crunchy vegetable salad that is full of healthy raw vegetables and tossed in a creamy peanut dressing! It's also naturally vegan and gluten-free!
- 5 Cups Chopped Cabbage, I used a mix of green and purple
- 1 Cup Shredded Carrots
- 2 Bell Peppers, seeded and sliced
- ½ Cup Green Onions, sliced
- ½ Cup Cilantro, minced
- ½ Cup Roasted Peanuts, chopped
For the dressing
- ¼ Cup Peanut Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Aminos
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove, grated
- Salt to taste
- Warm water to thin
- In a large mixing bowl, add the chopped cabbage, carrots, bell peppers, green onions, cilantro, and peanuts. Toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, make the dressing. Add the peanut butter, coconut aminos, lime juice, sesame oil, garlic, and salt to taste. Add a little bit of warm water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to thin out the dressing. I usually add a few tablespoons of warm water.
- Pour the dressing over the salad. Toss to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.