Switch of taco night with these BBQ Jackfruit Tacos with Avocado Mango Cabbage Slaw!
If you have followed the blog for awhile, you already know that I'm a huge fan of jackfruit. Jackfruit is the one of my favorite whole-food plant-based meat alternatives.
I think that jackfruit makes such a great taco filling. I have shared my favorite jackfruit taco recipes over the years: Jackfruit Tacos with Rice , Beer Braised Jackfruit Tacos, and Slow Cooker Jackfruit Adobada Tacos.
Sometimes when life gets super busy, I love using supermarket shortcuts. When I want to make jackfruit tacos for dinner but only have a few minutes, I love taking a little help from the grocery store. This is where The Jackfruit Company comes into play.
The Jackfruit Company produces great quality products that are perfect when you need a quick and easy meal. The jackfruit is ethically sourced, expertly prepared, and incredibly easy to enjoy at home!
I really love the BBQ Jackfruit from The Jackfruit Company.
The best part is that the jackfruit only takes a few minutes to cook too!
For these BBQ jackfruit tacos, I wanted to make a quick and easy slaw to go with the jackfruit. This mango and avocado slaw is inspired by my Mexican Cabbage and Avocado Salad.
I used the salad recipe as a base and switch up a few ingredients. I added mango along with the avocado. I think that mango pairs really nicely with the BBQ jackfruit. You could also use diced pineapple, which would be delicious!
Taco night just got a lot easier by using the BBQ jackfruit! These tacos are easy to make and a delicious plant-based taco.
for the Mango and Avocado Slaw:
- 4 Cups Green Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 Mango, diced
- 1 Avocado Diced
- 1 Jalapeno, minced
- ½ Cup Cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Vegan Mayo
- Juice of 1 Large Lime
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Pepper to taste
For the Tacos
- 1 Package of BBQ Jackfruit from The Jackfruit Company
- Mango and Avocado Slaw
- Corn Tortillas, warmed
- First make the Mango and Avocado Slaw.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cabbage, mango, avocado, jalapeño, and cilantro.
- Toss everything together.
- In a small bowl, add vegan mayonnaise, lime juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cabbage, carrots, jalapeños, and cilantro.
- Toss everything together.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to evenly mix the ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Set aside until needed.
For the tacos:
- Shred the jackfruit using a fork.
- Heat the BBQ Jackfruit on the stovetop in a saucepan or skillet over medium heat for 4-6 minutes.
- Warm the corn tortillas on a skillet or pan.
- Place desired amount of the BBQ Jackfruit in the tortilla. Topped with the slaw.
Disclaimer: I received product coupons from The Jackfruit Company, but all opinions are my own.