These Beer Braised Jackfruit Tacos are a filling and satisfying plant-based taco. Even omnivores will enjoy these tacos!
I just can't get enough jackfruit in my life. I have already shared a few jackfruit recipes and they are some of my most popular posts.
Have you tried any of the jackfruit recipes yet? Lately I have been experimenting with new jackfruit recipes.
My absolute favorite way to cook jackfruit in the slow cooker. It is just so easy to let all the slow cooker do the work.
The only problem with just using the slow cooker is that the jackfruit tends to be soft after it is done braising. In order to firm up the texture of the jackfruit, I like to cook the shredded cooked jackfruit in a little oil on the stove top.
These Beer Braised Jackfruit Tacos first start off in the slow cooker. The jackfruit gets coated in a spice mix and then it simmers in Mexican beer.
After the jackfruit has braised for about 4 hours, it is time to shred the jackfruit. I like to cook it in the slow cooker for another 20-30 minutes, until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
The last step is optional but I definitely recommend it. Heat a little oil on a cast iron skillet and then add the shredded jackfruit. I like to cook it for 15-20 minutes on the stove.
This beer braised jackfruit makes a very satisfying taco filling.
You can top your tacos with your favorite toppings.
For mine, I like to top the jackfruit with some diced avocado, pineapple, cilantro and a big squeeze of fresh lime juice.
The look of the jackfruit looks so realistic that even omnivores will like these tacos!
If you love this jackfruit recipe, you'll love these other recipes using jackfruit:
- 2- 20 Ounce Cans Jackfruit Packed in Brine, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tsp Light Brown Sugar
- 1 ½ Tsp Cumin
- 1 ½ Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder
- ¾ Tsp Sea Salt
- ½ Tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ Tsp Onion Powder
- ¼ Tsp Black Pepper
- 12 Ounce Mexican Beer
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Warmed Corn Tortillas
- Diced Avocado
- Diced Pineapple
- Chopped Cilantro
- Lime Wedges
- Add the drained jackfruit to your slow cooker. Pat dry with a towel. Add the brown sugar, cumin, paprika, chili powder, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper. Stir to evenly coat the jackfruit with the spices.
- Pour in the beer and stir. Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Shred the jackfruit using a fork. Continue cooking on high for another 20-30 minutes, until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Heat the oil over medium high in a large skillet. Once the oil is hot, add in the shredded jackfruit. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes. If the pan gets too hot, lower the heat.
- Serve with warmed tortillas and your favorite toppings!