This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
All opinions are mine alone. #SameSilkySmoothTaste #CollectiveBias
As soon as the weather becomes crisp and the leaves start to change colors, you'll find me in the kitchen baking up fall inspired treats. I love baking up fall treats like this Vegan Pumpkin Cake with Pecan Streusel. It is perfect for an everyday treat or a holiday dessert.
For the recipe I like to use the Silk® Unsweetened Vanilla Almondmilk which has the new silky smooth taste you’ll love. Silk® Almondmilk is completely dairy-free and has 50% more calcium than regular dairy milk. Plus, it's free of cholesterol and saturated fat. I love how easy it is to incorporate the reformulated Silk® Almondmilk into my fall desserts.
Switching from regular milk to Silk® Almondmilk is an easy swap, especially since they can be found at your local Walmart. You can find Silk® Almondmilk in the refrigerated dairy section at your local Walmart.
This fall inspired Vegan Pumpkin Cake with Pecan Streusel is perfect for serving with an afternoon cup of coffee or at your next holiday event. For the recipe I like to use the Silk® Unsweetened Vanilla Almondmilk. This Vegan Pumpkin Cake with Pecan Steusel isn't on the very sweet side. It is sweetened just enough to balance out the flavors. If you prefer a much sweeter dessert, I recommend increasing the sugar to ¾ of a cup. The pumpkin not only gives this cake a great fall feel, it also creates a moist, flavorful cake without it being too heavy.
The pumpkin cake is topped with a pecan streusel. Pecans and pumpkin are one of my favorite combinations for the fall. This Vegan Pumpkin Cake is light, moist, and not too sweet.
For the pecan streusel:
- ¼ Cup All Purpose Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Sugar
- ½ Cup Pecans, chopped
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- Tiny Pinch of Salt, optional
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil, melted and cooled
For the cake:
- 1 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Pure Pumpkin Puree
- ½ Cup Cane Sugar
- ½ Cup Silk® Unsweetened Almondmilk
- ¼ Cup Refined Coconut Oil, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease or line an 8 by 8 pan with parchment paper.
- Make the pecan streusel. In a small bowl add the flour, sugar, pecans, cinnamon and salt if using. Stir until mixed, then drizzle in the coconut oil and mix until everything is evenly combined. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon. Mix until combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the pumpkin puree and sugar. Whisk until combined. Pour in the Silk® Unsweetened Almondmilk, apple cider vinegar and vanilla. Whisk until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and stir just until combined, careful not to over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Spread the top evenly with a spatula.
- Add the pecan streusel to the top of the cake.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!