Calling all chocolate lovers! These Vegan Double Chocolate Cookies will satisfy any chocolate craving. They are fudgy, chewy, and easy to make!
I've been on a big baking kick lately. Nothing makes me happier than getting in the kitchen and baking a batch of homemade cookies, especially around the holiday season.
I have been making these Vegan Double Chocolate Cookies on repeat. I love these cookies so much. I think these might be one of my favorite vegan cookies to bake.
This recipe is so easy to make and makes about 2 dozen cookies—perfect if you need to bring a dessert to a party!
These cookies have double the chocolate. The more chocolate, the better right?! The recipe uses both cocoa powder and chocolate chips. Adding the chocolate chips adds and an extra pop of chocolate flavor. If you are a chocolate fan, these cookies are perfect for you!
The best part about this recipe is that you don't need any fancy ingredients to make these delicious cookies.
Just your basic cookie ingredients! To keep these cookies vegan, applesauce is used in place of the eggs. I really like using applesauce in the cookie recipe because it also helps to recreate a soft, melt-in-your-mouth cookie.
can the cookies be made ahead of time?
Yes! What I love about these chocolate cookies is that you can make the cookies a day or two before your plan on serving them.
Just be sure to store the cookies in an air-tight container. I have also frozen the cookies and the freeze really well.
More chocolate recipes to try:
- Vegan Chocolate Lava Cake
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzel Bars
- Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Vegan Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
These Vegan Double Chocolate Cookies are perfect for any chocolate lover out there!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two rimmed baking sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together the oil and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the applesauce and milk and mix gently. Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Add 1 cup of the flour, along with the cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt and mix well. Add the remaining 1 cup flour and mix until it firms up.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place twelve 1½-2 tablespoon scoops of dough on each baking sheet, a few inches apart; the cookies will spread a little bit. Flatten the cookies slightly with your hand.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.