This recipe for Soy Chorizo and Potato Tacos is my favorite quick and easy dinners.
If you're looking for a crowd pleasing recipe, this taco recipe is perfect!
Whether you're vegan or omnivore, you'll love these tacos! Over the years, I've made these tacos for omnivores and everybody loves them. They can't believe the tacos are vegan. People always comment that they can't believe how filling and satisfying the tacos are—especially since they are vegan!
You only need a few ingredients to make the tacos. I always keep a package or two of the soy chorizo from Trader Joe's in my fridge. When I don't have a plan for dinner and I find myself looking in the fridge for inspiration, I love seeing a package of soy chorizo in the fridge.
I always get questions on how to cook soy chorizo. It's so easy to cook! You just want to make sure to remove the plastic casing that the chorizo comes in before cooking.
After you remove the chorizo from the casing, all you need to do is heat it up. That's it!
Soy chorizo is versatile and can be used in many different recipes. These tacos are my favorite recipe to use the soy chorizo.
If you are looking for more recipes on how to cook soy chorizo, be sure to check out these recipe round-up!
I have even made these Soy Chorizo and Potato Tacos while traveling. Last year, we rented a house in Este Park, Colorado and I made the family tacos for dinner!
I like to serve the tacos with warm corn tortillas. You can also add your favorite salsa, some chopped cilantro and diced avocado to your tacos if you'd like too!
I hope that you enjoy this taco recipe as much as my family does!
- 1 ½ Pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled and diced into small pieces, about ¼-1/2 inche
- 1 Tablespoon Avocado Oil
- 1 Small White Onion, diced
- 1 -12 ounce package Soy Chorizo
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Warm Corn Tortillas
- In a medium saucepan, add the peeled and diced potatoes. Cover with water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are fork tender, about 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes.
- Once the potatoes are fork tender, drain and set aside until needed.
- Meanwhile, in a large deep skillet heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the diced onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 4-6 minutes.
- Remove the soy chorizo from the casing and add to the skillet. Stir, breaking up the the soy chorizo. Cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Add the drained potatoes to the skillet with the chorizo; stir to coat all the potatoes in the chorizo mixture. Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until the potatoes are heated through.
- Serve with warm tortillas and favorite toppings.