Orange Avocado Salsa is a bright flavorful salsa that’s perfect for chip dipping!
Lately I can’t get enough of oranges and avocados. I have become slightly obsessed with adding oranges and avocados to everything. I just love the combination of the two.
The citrus fruit and creamy avocado make the perfect salsa. This salsa is bright, light and refreshing. It’s perfect for entertaining too. This would also be great for spring potlucks and parties.
For this salsa you can use your favorite kind of orange. I really like using Cara Cara oranges. The seedless orange has a distinct pinkish-red and orange flesh. The flavor of a Cara Cara orange is so unique. The orange is sweet yet tangy with less acidity. They’re available December through April. Be sure to pick up some Cara Cara oranges at the store before the season is over!
I love serving the salsa with tortilla chips. This salsa would also be a delicious taco topping!
- 4 Medium Oranges, I like using Cara Cara oranges
- 2 Large Ripe, but firm Avocados or 3-4 Medium sized ones
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Red Onion, minced
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 3-4 Tablespoons Lime Juice, or to taste
- 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
- Peel the oranges and cut into 1/4 inch slices. I like to slice each orange across the center the cut each piece into 2 segments. Add the orange segments to a mixing bowl.
- Dice the avocado. I like to keep the avocado pieces about the same as the orange wedges. Add the diced avocados to the bowl with the oranges.
- To the bowl add the cilantro, red onion, jalapeno, lime juice and salt.
- Gently toss everything together.
- Taste and add more salt or lime juice to taste.
- Serve with tortilla chip or over tacos.