Grilled Pineapple Salsa is the perfect fruit salsa for summer.
This fresh fruit salsa is going to be a staple this summer.
Whether you're having an outdoor BBQ or looking for a new salsa recipe for taco night—give this grilled pineapple salsa recipe a try!
Grilling season has started and I couldn't be more excited! Now that the weather is starting to get warmer, I love spending the evenings outside on the patio grilling dinner. After spending most of the winter inside, it feels so nice to spend time outdoors.
After cooking pineapple on the grill, I became obessed! It is so good!
As the pineapple cooks on the grill, it gets caramelized and smokey. The natural sugars in the pineapple help to caramelize the fruit.
If you've never had grilled pineapple before, I highly recommend giving it a try!
For an easy summer dessert, grill some pineapple and serve it with some vegan ice cream. So easy and delicious.
how to make the salsa
First cut the pineapple into vertical slices.
Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Brush each side of the pineapple slices with avocado oil and season with salt and pepper.
Grill the pineapple on both sides until caramelized.
Remove from the grill and let cool a few minutes. Once the pineapple is cool enough to handle, cut into bite size pieces.
Add the pineapple to a large bowl and add the onion, cilantro, jalapeno and lime juice.
This salsa is perfect for chip dipping! This salsa would also be great on tacos.
You can serve this salsa right away or you can make it in advance and refrigerate the salsa until you are ready to enjoy it.
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag us on Instagram #thymeandlove! We love seeing what you are making!
- 1 Pineapple, trimmed and sliced vertically
- Avocado Oil
- ¼ Red Onion, finely diced
- ½ Cup Cilantro, minced
- 1 Jalapeno, finely diced, remove the seeds for less heat
- 1 Lime Juiced
- Tortilla Chips for serving
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush each side of the pineapple slices with avocado oil Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill the pineapple until caramelized on both sides, about 4-6 minutes on each side, flipping halfway through cooking.
- Remove the pineapple from the grill and let cool a few minutes. Once cool enough to handle, cut the pineapple into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, add the diced pineapple, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice. Stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 63Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 150mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information is just an estimate.