Vegan burgers with mushrooms with balsamic mayo are perfect for burger night.
For this vegan burger recipe, keep things easy use your favorite plant-based burger. I used Beyond burgers because that is what I had on hand. Impossible burgers would be great too. Use whatever is your favorite burger!
This burger recipe is great if you want to elevate your store-bought plant-based burger. The sautéed mushrooms and onions are a great addition to the burger.
The balsamic mayo takes the burger to the next level. I've really been into flavored mayos lately. I like to take vegan mayonnaise and doctor it up by adding different things.
Adding balsamic vinegar to the mayo is a game changer. The vinegar adds a pop of flavor. The combination of the balsamic mayo, mushrooms and onions, and spinach takes a basic vegan burger to the next level.
how to make the burgers
First, you'll want to sauté the mushrooms and onions until cooked.
When the mushrooms and onions are almost done cooking, cook the vegan burgers according to the package directions. I like to add a little avocado oil to a cast iron pan.
Season the vegan burger patties with salt, pepper and steak seasoning. Cook the burgers 4 to 5 minutes, or until browned, flip and cook another 3-4 minutes.
Top each of the burger patties with cooked mushroom and onion mixture.
Then top the burgers with vegan cheese and cook until the cheese is melted.
For the balsamic mayo, combine the balsamic vinegar, vegan mayonnaise and coarse cracked black pepper in a small dish.
To assemble the vegan burgers, place burgers with mushrooms and cheese on bun bottom.
Top the burgers with baby spinach. I like to add some sort of greens to my burgers. It just adds a pop of freshness to the burgers.
Slather the tops of the buns with the balsamic mayonnaise.
I just love the flavor combination going on in the burgers.
more vegan burger recipes to try:
- Vegan Chickpea Burgers with Tzatziki Sauce
- Black Bean Pumpkin Burgers
- Vegan Portobello Mushroom Burgers
- Vegan Burger Salad
Whether you are vegan or just looking to incorporate more plant-based options into your diet, these vegan burgers with balsamic mayo are a great burger to add to your meal plan.
- 2 Tsp avocado oil, divided
- 4 portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow, thinly sliced
- 4 Vegan burgers, I used Beyond Burgers
- Salt and Pepper
- Steak Seasoning Blend
- 4 Vegan cheese slices
- 4 Pretzel buns
- ½ Cup Vegan Mayo
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Baby spinach
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the sliced mushrooms and onion. Cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes. When done set aside until neeeded.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining teaspoon of oil in a large skillet over medium to medium high heat.
- Season the vegan burger patties with salt, pepper and steak seasoning. Place the burgers in the skillet and cook the burgers 4 to 5 minutes, or until browned, flip and cook another 3-4 minutes.
- Top each of the burger patties with the cooked mushroom and onion mixture.
- Then top the burgers with vegan cheese and cook until the cheese is melted. I like to cover the pan with a lid to help melt the cheese.
- For the balsamic mayo, combine the balsamic vinegar, vegan mayonnaise and coarse cracked black pepper in a small dish.
- To assemble the vegan burgers, place burgers with mushrooms and cheese on bun bottom.
- Top the burgers with baby spinach.
- Slather the tops of the buns with the balsamic mayonnaise and place on the bugers.
- Serve immediatly .
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 831Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 5610mgCarbohydrates: 94gFiber: 8gSugar: 16gProtein: 36g
Nutrition information is just an estimate.