These Vegan Chickpea Burgers with Tzatziki Sauce are made with Middle Eastern spices and fresh herbs.
They are quick and easy to make too!
Veggie burgers are great year-round, but they are especially great served during the summer months.
They only take a few minutes to prep and just a few minutes to cook on the stove.
Unlike store-bought veggie burgers, these Vegan Chickpea Burgers are made with fresh parsley and fresh lemon juice adds a nice brightness.
To bind the burgers, I like to use tahini. The tahini helps to hold the burgers together. The addition of tahini also pairs well with the Middle Eastern spices.
To serve these chickpea burgers, I like to make a vegan tzatziki sauce.
how to make the vegan tzatziki sauce
Combine the tzatziki ingredients in a bowl and stir.
The creamy vegan yogurt sauce is made with lots of fresh dill, cucumber and fresh lemon juice. For the yogurt, I prefer to use an unsweetened dairy-free yogurt.
The sauce is cool and refreshing, perfect for a summertime veggie burger. If you have any leftover sauce, it’ll keep in the fridge for a few days.
Serve these veggie burgers with your favorite toppings.
I like to add fresh tomato slices and lettuce or baby spinach for some greens.
can the burgers be made gluten-free?
If you use gluten-free bread crumbs and a GF bun, these vegan chickpea burgers can be made gluten-free.
If you don’t want to serve the chickpea burgers on a bun, they are delicious served in a salad and the tzatziki sauce serves as the salad dressing.
can the chickpea burgers be made ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the burgers ahead of time. Simply reheat in a skillet on the stovetop or in the microwave.
These homemade Vegan Chickpea Burgers with Tzatziki Sauce are perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
For the Tzatziki Sauce:
- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened Vegan Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cucumber
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Dill, minced
- 1-2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Small Garlic Clove, grated
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
For the Chickpea Burgers:
- 1 15 ounce can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Cup Parsley, minced
- 1/4 Cup Green Onions, diced
- 3 Tablespoons Tahini
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- 1/3 Cup Bread Crumbs
- Olive Oil for cooking
- Sliced Tomatoes
- First start with the tzatziki Sauce. In a medium bowl combine all of the tzatziki ingredients. Stir everything and taste for seasonings. Add more lemon juice, salt, or more dill to taste.
- Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
For the Chickpea Burgers:
- In a food processor, add the chickpeas, lemon juice, parsley, green onions, tahini, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Pulse until just combined. I like to leave the mixture with some chunks.
- Scoop in mixture into a mixing bowl, Add the bread crumbs and mix. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the burger 4 to 6 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.
- Serve with the tzatziki sauce and your favorite toppings!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 382Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 923mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 11gSugar: 11gProtein: 17g
Nutrition information is just an estimate.