Craving a burger, but also a salad? This Vegan Burger Salad is the perfect solution! This salad has all your favorite burger toppings, and then the salad is topped with a delicious homemade dressing!
I will fully admit that I'm a big fan of vegan burgers. Every now and then I crave a good vegan burger. Not a veggie burger, but a "meaty" plant burger. There are so many great options available now. It's not difficult to find a plant-based burger at the grocery store. Things sure have come a long way since I first went vegan 14 years ago!
Right now, the Beyond Burger is definitely my favorite vegan burger. I love the texture and flavor of the burger. For the salad recipe, you want to use a vegan burger that you can break apart.
I love serving a vegan burger with the traditional bun and toppings, but I recently started making this Vegan Burger Salad and I'm obessed! This salad has all the flavors of a traditional burger, but in salad form!
how to make this vegan burger salad
To start the salad, prep all the salad ingredients. Before cooking our vegan burger patties, I like to have to the salad ingredients prepped and ready to assemble once the burgers are done cooking.
Now, it it time to make the burger part of the salad. In a skillet, heat some avocado oil and cook an onion until soft and translucent. Add the two vegan burger patties and break apart. Next add in a little bit of dijon mustard. The mustard add really nice depth of flavor.
Next it's time to make the dressing. Every good burger needs a sauce and this one is so good! The base of the sauce is vegan mayo and ketchup. I just love mayo and ketchup together! To amp up the sauce, chopped pickles are added into the mix. The addition of pickles is amazing!
You are going to want to but this sauce on everything. It is really that good!
- 8 Cups Chopped Romaine Lettuce
- 1 Cup Roma Tomatoes, seeded and diced
- ½ Cup Pickle Chips
- ½ Cup Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Large Avocado, sliced
- ½ Tablespoon Avocado Oil
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 Vegan Burger Patties, I used Beyond Burgers
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ¼ Cup Vegan Mayo
- 1 Tablespoon Ketchup
- 1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 3 Tablespoons Pickle Chips, chopped
- 1 Tsp Pickle Juice
- ¼ Tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ Tsp Smoked Paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Prep all your salad ingredients. Chop the lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and avocado.
- Make the ground burgers. Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat. Once hot, add oil. Once the oil is hot, add onions and salt and pepper and sauté for 4-5 minutes until soft and golden brown.
- Add the vegan burgers and break it up with the back of a large spoon. Stir in the dijon mustard. Cook for about 7-8 minutes, or until the burger meat is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
- While the burgers cook, make the salad dressing. Add the mayo, ketchup, mustard, pickles, pickle juice, garlic powder, and paprika to a jar and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the ground vegan burgers are done, assemble the salads. Divide the lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles, avocado, and ground vegan burgers between 4 large bowls. Top with dressing and enjoy!
Recipe inspired by Eat The Grains.