I hear that there is a big game on this Sunday. If I was back home, I probably would watch the game because it happens to be on. Since I’m in Mexico, I won’t be partaking in any SuperBowl Parities; however, that doesn’t stop me from enjoy some SuperBowl favorite party snacks.
Guacamole would have to be my favorite party food. How can you go wrong?
I knew that I wanted to share a Guacamole recipe with you this week, so I kept thinking of different flavor combinations. I love classic guacamole, but sometimes it is fun to switch things up! One way to add freshness to your Guacamole is to add ripe fruit.
This past week the strawberries at the market have been so delicious. The ripe + sweet little berries inspired me to make a Strawberry Guacamole. I happen to love the flavor combination of strawberries + avocados together. There is just something about it that I adore. Of course lots of lime juice + cilantro help to brighten up this guacamole up even more. For a little kick, a minced serrano pepper is added. You can sub a jalapeno pepper if you are unable to find serrano pepper near you.
Sweet strawberries paired up with creamy + buttery avocados creates for a delicious party snack to serve to your guests. Serve with tortilla chips + enjoy!I hope you guys like the flavor combination of strawberries + avocados as much as I do!
- 3 Large Ripe Avocados
- 2 Tablespoons Red Onion, finely minced
- 1/2-1 Serrano Pepper, Seeds removed and finely minced
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Cilantro, finely chopped
- 3/4 Cup Strawberries, diced small
- Extra chopped strawberries for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Cut the avocados in half, carefully remove the pit with a knife. Scoop the avocado flesh into a large mixing bowl. With a fork, mash the avocados until coarsely mashed.
- Mix in the red onion and minced serrano pepper. Add the lime juice and stir everything together.
- Fold in the chopped cilantro and strawberries. Carefully mix them with the avocado mixture.
- Add salt to taste, usually 1/2-1 tsp salt. Taste and adjust seasonings. Add more lime juice for a brighter flavor.
- Serve right away or cover with plastic wrap pressed that is directly on top of the guacamole. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Serve with corn tortilla chips!