Vegan Strawberry Pie Bars are the perfect summertime treat!
Strawberry season is officially upon us and I couldn’t be more excited! Every year, I head to my local berry farm and pick a ton of fresh strawberries. I love freezing local strawberries and using them throughout the year.
With so many frozen strawberries, I am always looking for new ways to use them. These Vegan Strawberry Pie Bars are the perfect treat to make with the frozen berries. The best part is that you can make them year round too!
These perfectly sweet Vegan Strawberry Pie Bars are so easy to make too! The bars start by making the crust—which is naturally gluten-free too! Just be sure to use gluten-free oats! To make the crust, combine oat flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and mix it all together with melted vegan butter.
Take a little more than half of the crumb mixture and press it into an 8×8 inch pan lined with parchment paper, The rest of the crumble with go on top.
Next it’s time to make the strawberry filling. The frozen strawberries are naturally sweetened with maple syrup. The filling need to be slightly thick, so a little cornstarch is used to help thicken up the berries. The filling gets poured over the crust.
The filling gets topped with the rest of the crumble, the bakes in the oven until bubbling.
Allow the bars to completely cool before cutting. These bars are perfect for a quick and easy on the go snack or breakfast.
If you make these vegan strawberry pie bars, be sure to leave a comment below below! You can also share a picture on Instagram using the hashtag #thymeandove.
- 1 ½ cups Oat Flour, gluten-free if needed
- 1 Cup Old Fashioned Oats, gluten-free if needed
- 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Melted and Cooled Vegan Butter
- 2 1/2 Cups Frozen Strawberries
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Make the crust and crumble by placing the oat flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl; stir.
- Pour in the melted and cooled vegan butter and mix until combined and the dough starts to clump together.
- Place about 3/4 of the mixture into the baking pan. Use your hands to press the dough to the bottom of the pan. Set the remaining crumble aside.
- Next make your strawberry pie filling. Add the strawberries, maple syrup, cornstarch to a medium pot over medium heat. Use a wooden spoon to press down and break down the berries.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes or until mixture is thick and coats the back of a spoon. Turn off the heat and add the vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture over the crust and use a spoon to evenly spread over the crust.
- Sprinkle the crumble on top of the berries.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden.
- Allow bars to cool completely before serving.