Meet my new favorite tofu: Chile Lime Tofu. I'm completely obsessed with this tofu. It is just so good!
What makes this tofu so good is the chile lime rub on top! The chile lime seasoning can be found at Trader Joe's. Have you tried their chile lime seasoning yet? If you haven't, I highly recommend picking up a bottle. It is perfect for sprinkling over fruit and tofu.
I have made this Chile Lime Tofu recipe three times in the past week. I'm not even that big a of tofu fan. I just can't get enough of this tofu. The combination of the marinade and the chile lime seasoning, takes this tofu to the next level. Plus, it is so easy to make.
I love serving the Chile Lime Tofu with a side of rice, mango and avocado. The mango and avocado are perfect with the Chile Lime Tofu.
I think that you are going to love this Chile Lime Tofu! If you don't have a Trader Joe's near you, Tajin can be used instead. If you make this recipe, be sure to tag us on Instagram #thymeandlove! I would love to see what you are making!
- 1 Lb Extra Firm Tofu, drained and pressed
- Zest of 1 Lime
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 2 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Aminos
- 1 Garlic Clove, grated
- Chile Lime Seasoning
- Press the tofu for at least 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Slice the tofu into 8 slices crosswise. Then poke the top of each slice with a fork.
- In a shallow baking dish, add the lime zest, lime juice, olive oil, coconut aminos, and garlic. Whisk to combine.
- Add the sliced tofu, and marinated for at least 20 minutes.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, transfer the marinated tofu.
- Sprinkle each piece with the chile lime seasoning. Then press the seasoning with your fingers.
- Flip the tofu over and sprinkle the other side with the chile lime seasoning.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- After the tofu has baked for 10 minutes, flip the tofu over and bake for another 10.
- Serve with your favorite sides. I like to serve rice, mango and avocado.