This Chickpea Mango Salad just might be my new favorite summer salad. I can definitely see myself making this all summer long because this salad is light, refreshing and perfect on a hot day.
Chickpeas are a great addition to salads. I like to keep a few cans of chickpeas pin the pantry because they are so versatile. There are so many great recipes using chickpeas including this plant-based chickpea mango salad with avocado.
Chickpeas add a great source of plant-based protein. The texture of the chickpeas adds another texture in the salad. The avocado adds a creamy element to the salad.
Fresh lime juice adds a bright citrus flavor to the salad. I like to add a little jalapeño to the salad. If you want a little extra spicy kick, leave the seeds.
This salad couldn't be any easier to make! First you'll want to diced the mangos, dice the avocados, chop the cilantro, red onion and jalapeño.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the chickpeas, mango, jalapeño, avocado and cilantro in a large bowl. Toss with the fresh lime juice and a big pinch of salt and pepper
This salad is also super versatile. You could leave out the avocado if you aren't a fan. If you don't like raw onion, leave out the red onion or use green onion.
I love eating this chickpea mango salad just on its own, but it would also be really great served with tortilla chips. The perfect summer salad that will keep you cool on a hot day.
This salad is going to be a hit at any summer BBQ or picnic. The mango salad just takes a few minutes to prepare and can be made ahead of time.
If making the salad ahead of time, I would leave out the avocado until you are ready to serve the chickpea salad.
I will definitely be making this salad all summer long!
For more salad recipes check out these salads:
- 16 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups chopped fresh mango, about 2 ripe mangos
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 1 to 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime juiced, if your limes are smaller, you might want to add two limes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the chickpea, mango, jalapeño, avocado and cilantro in a large bowl. Toss with the fresh lime juice and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir and taste, adding more salt and pepper if necessary.
- If you want to you can make this a few hours ahead of time - just wait to add the avocado until right before serving the salad.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 330Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 243mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 13gSugar: 28gProtein: 9g
Nutrition information is just an estimate per serving.