If you are tired of lettuce based salads, switch things up with this Chickpea Celery salad.
Sometimes salads can be boring, but they don't have to be! I love salads that have a lot different textures like this Chickpea Celery Salad. Celery is a nutrition powerhouse and it makes a great salad base.
Celery contains vitamin C, beta carotene, and flavonoids, which are an important part of a healthy plant-based diet. There are at least 12 additional kinds of antioxidant nutrients found in a single stalk of celery. How amazing is that?! It’s also a great source of phytonutrients—which have been shown to reduce inflammation in the digestive tract, cells, blood vessels, and organs. This Chickpea Celery Salad is a great way to add tons of nutrients to your daily diet!
Sliced celery hearts make up the base of the salad. The stalks in the center are called the heart and are the most tender part. I love adding chickpeas to salad because they add a boost of plant-based protein. Plus, the salad becomes more filling with the extra protein. The texture of the chickpeas is also a nice contrast to the crunchy vegetables.
Summer corn is currently in season and it is just so good in salads. If corn isn't currently in season when you make this salad, you can always use thawed frozen sweet corn. Shredded raw carrots add a nice sweetness to the salad. And carrots go so well with celery.
This salad is definitely for celery lovers. If you love raw celery, you should definitely give this salad a try!
For the salad dressing, a simple extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, and maple syrup dressing is tossed with the salad. The combination of dressing ingredients, brings out the best flavors of the salad ingredients.
If you are looking for a new salad recipe, I hope that you give this Chickpea Celery Salad a try.
Chickpea Celery Salad
No more boring salad with this Chickpea Celery Salad!
For the Salad:
- 1 Whole Celery Heart, thinly sliced
- 1 15 ounce Can Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 Large Carrots, shredded
- 2 Ears of Corn, kernels removed from the cob
- ½ Red Bell Pepper, diced small
- ½ Small Red Onion, diced small
- ½ Cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- ⅓ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- ½ Lemon, juiced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, add all of the salad ingredients. Toss to evenly combined the ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, mustard, maple syrup, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Whisk until the dressing is emulsified.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss together. Taste and add any additional salt and pepper.
- Serve right away or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Pin this image for future reference!
You need to add chickpeas to the list of ingredients 😁
Thanks for letting me know! I updated the recipe! 🙂
I love how crunchy this salad is! I was skeptical about the maple syrup in the dressing, but it was delicious. Adding this to my salad rotation. Thanks for the recipe!
I made this salad today. Lovely. Enjoyed every bit of it.
This salad brought a touch o spring into this cold and gloomy winter day.
This is a regular in our home. Delicious!
I am so happy to hear that! 🙂