You’re not going to believe how easy it is to make homemade catalina dressing at home!
Once I started making my own salad dressing at home, I realized just how easy it is!
I prefer to make salad dressing at home because store bought dressing tends to have extra additives and food dyes.
One salad dressing that I’ve been wanting to make at home for awhile now is catalina dressing.
Are you a fan of catalina dressing? My favorite salad to use homemade catalina dressing is taco salad. The combination of the sweet and tangy dressing with the seasoned vegan taco meat is so good!
Catalina dressing is made with pantry staples and perfect served over a garden fresh salad. It is creamy without having to add any dairy.
what’s in catalina dressing
This is what you’ll need to make this delicious salad dressing:
- Red wine vinegar
- Cane sugar
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Celery Seeds
- Vegan worcestershire sauce
How to make the dressing
To make the salad dressing, simply add all the ingredients minus the oil to a blender. Stream in the oil and blend until the dressing is completely emulsified.
I hope that you enjoy this dressing as much as I love it! It’s so good with taco salad!
- 1/3 Cup Ketchup
- 1/3 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Cane Sugar
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Celery Seed
- 1/2 Tsp Vegan Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/3 Cup Neutral Oil, I used Canola
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- To a blender, add the ketchup, vinegar, sugar, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, celery seed, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend until combined.
- With the blender running, stream in the oil. Blend until emulsified.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Serve right away or transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge.