Looking to switch up your lunches? This Vegan Curried Chicken Salad is a Vegan spin on a classic deli sandwich. It's packed full of delicious flavor!
Vegan Curried Chicken Salad is great for lunch. You can prep the chicken salad ahead of time. When it's time for lunch pile the curry chicken salad onto sliced bread. This is one tasty sandwich to have for lunch!
what makes this chicken salad vegan?
To keep this sandwich meat free, we are using soy curls. If you haven't tried soy curls yet, I highly recommend giving them a try. They are made with just one ingredient—non-gmo soy beans. You can buy them right online too!
Soy Curls come dehydrated and do need to be rehydrated before using in a recipe. They make a great plant-based meat substitute.
How to make Vegan Curry Chicken Salad
After the soy curls have been rehydrated, they get cooked in a little oil. Once they are done cooking, let them cool a few minutes before adding to the curry dressing.
The base of the dressing is a combination of vegan mayo and mango chutney. I love the addition of chutney to the chicken salad. It takes a basic mayo based salad to the next level.
Sliced celery and roasted cashews add a nice crunch to the salad. For a touch of sweetness, I like to add raisins. You can add as much or as little curry powder. I have found that 2 teaspoon of curry powder is the perfect amount of spice for me.
The combination of the mango chutney and curry powder is so tasty!
Thisis one of my new favorite recipes to make for lunch. I love that this can be made ahead of time and doesn't take very long to make at all!
- Rehydrate the soy curls by placing them in a bowl and pouring 2 cups of hot water over them. Let them sit for about 15 minutes. Once they’ve softened, drain them and squeeze as much of the excess water out of them as possible.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, add the soy curls and no chicken bouillon base; stir.
- Cook the Soy Curls, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes, or until the begin to brown.
- Remove from heat and allow them to cool.
- While the soy curls are cooking, add the sliced celery, scallions, raisins, mayo, mango chutney, curry powder, salt and pepper to a large bowl; stir to combine.
- Once the soy curls have cooled for a few minutes, add them to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Serve as a sandwich on sliced bread.