Classic taco salad gets a vegan update! If you grew up eating taco salad, you're going to love this Vegan Taco Salad!
Growing up, my mom would make taco salad throughout the summer. It's a family favorite salad recipe that everyone loves.
Who wouldn't love crushed up chips on a salad?!
I've been wanting to make a veganized version of my mom's classic taco salad for awhile now. I'm so happy that I finally got around to it this summer.
It's so easy now to create a veganized version of the foods that you had while growing up. I love all different plant-based meats available now—like Beyond Beef.
It's a great option if you are looking to incorporate more plant-based meals into your diet or craving something nostalgic.
To veganize the taco salad recipe, I used Beyond Beef in place of the ground beef. And instead of using dairy shredded cheddar cheese, I used a vegan cheddar cheese. Since the regular classic Dorito's aren't vegan, I used Beanfield's Nacho Cheese Chips. Just a few simple swaps to make this salad vegan!
For the dressing, I like to use a homemade catalina dressing. It just wouldn't be taco salad without catalina dressing!
I'm obessed with taco salad! It takes me right back to my childhood.
Just wait to mix the salad until you are ready to serve. You don't want to have soggy chips!
Vegan Taco Salad
Classic taco salad gets a vegan update! This is a salad that everyone will love!
- ½ Tablespoon Avocado Oil
- 1 16 ounce package Beyond Beef
- 2 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 1 Head Iceberg Lettuce, chopped
- 2 Large Tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 Bunch Green Onions, thinly sliced
- 2 Cups Vegan Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Cups Crushed Vegan Nacho Cheese Chips
- 1 Batch of Catalina Dressing, you might not need all the dressing
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Brown beyond beef over medium-high heat until fully cooked, about 7-9 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together taco seasoning and ¼ cup of water. Add to the cooked beyond beef; stir.
- Cook until the water has evaporated and seasoning is distributed. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, tomatoes, green onions, and cheese.
- Add cooked and cooled ground beef.
- If serving immediately, add the chips and desired amount of dressing. If not serving right away, wait to add the chips and dressing until immediately prior to serving.
I really want to make such a dish, but ... I don't know how to cook
Anyway, thanks for sharing this post!
I really like it!
máy lạnh âm trần lg
i like your post so much