This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. This content is intended for readers who are 21 and over. #MyHolidayEveryday #CollectiveBias
One of my favorite things about the holidays is all of the holiday parties and get togethers.
There is just something so magical about the holidays!
I love entertaining and hosting friends and family over the holiday season and making cocktails to share with guests.
Margaritas are one of my favorite cocktails to make during the holidays.
This Cranberry Margarita is one of my favorite cocktails to make during the holidays.
The base of the margarita is Simply® Cranberry Cocktail which can be found at your local Kroger.
Simply® Cranberry Cocktail can be found in the juice section of your local Kroger. After picking up the Simply® Cranberry Cocktail, I shopped for the rest of the ingredients needed for these festive Cranberry Margaritas! It's nice when I can find all the ingredients at one store!
The Simply® Cranberry Cocktail just adds the right amount of cranberry flavor to the drink without overpowering the other ingredients.
For a festive garnish, sugared cranberries top the Cranberry Margarita.
These sugared cranberries are so easy to make and really add that extra special tough to the cocktail.
The sugared cranberries do take a few hours to make, so be sure to plan ahead. The sugared cranberries can also be made a few days ahead of time.
how to make sugared cranberries
To make the sugared cranberries, you start by making a simple syrup mixture with just water and sugar.
Once the sugar has dissolved, add in the fresh cranberries.
Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cranberries to a wire rack. I use a cookie cooling rack.
The cranberries need at least an hour to cool.
Once the cranberries have cooled, roll them in sugar.
Place the cranberries back onto the wire rack and cool for at least another hour.
Your guests will love the festive touch in their margarita!
For an extra pop of color, I love adding a sprig of fresh rosemary along with the sugared cranberries.
The rosemary adds just an extra festive touch!
For one margarita:
- 4-6 ounces Simply® Cranberry Cocktail
- 1 ½ ounces Silver Tequila
- ½ once Orange Liqueur
- Juice of Half a Lime
- Lime Wedge
- Sugared Cranberries
- Fresh Sprigs of Rosemary
For the Sugared Cranberries:
- ½ Cup Water
- 1 ½ Cups Sugar, divided
- 12 ounce package of Fresh Cranberries
For one margarita:
- Create the salt rim Add about ¼ cup of salt on a plate. Moisten the rim the glass with a lime juice and carefully run the rim in the salt.
- In a cocktail shaker, add a handful of ice.
- Pour in the Simply® Cranberry Cocktail, tequila, orange liqueur, and lime juice.Close the cocktail shaker and shake.
- Add ice to the prepared glass. Pour the margarita over ice!
- Garnish with the sugared cranberries and rosemary.
For the sugared cranberries:
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium, add the water and ½ cup of the sugar. Cook until the sugar has dissolved, 4-5 minutes, occasionally stirring.
- Once the sugar has dissolved into the water, pour in the fresh cranberries. Stir.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cranberries to a wire rack. I use a cookie cooling rack. The cranberries need at least an hour to cool.
- Pour the remaining cup of sugar onto a plate.
- Once the cranberries have cooled, roll them in sugar.
- Place the cranberries back onto the wire rack and cool for at least another hour.
Find more holiday inspiration on the Coca-Cola Kroger advent calendar here!