Looking for a quick and easy side dish? These Roasted Za'atar Potatoes are a delicious potato side dish!
Potatoes are a staple in my kitchen. I am always cooking with potatoes because I just can't get enough of them. I could never cut potatoes out of my diet. That just would be horrible!
My favorite way to prepare potatoes would have to be roasting them in the oven. Roasted potatoes are so easy to make. Usually I just roast the potatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper. So simple, but delicious!
Every once in awhile I like to switch up the basic roasted potatoes. I love adding different spices to the potatoes. Cooking with spices is such a great way to add tons of flavor.
Za'atar is one of my favorite spice blends. Have you cooked with za'atar before? If you haven't, I highly recommend try it out. Za'atar is a Middle Eastern spice blend of sumac, sesame seed and herbs.
Za'atar is perfect for sprinkling on vegetables and salads.
For this recipe, I used tiny potatoes which don't take very long to cook. Just a quick 25 minutes in the oven for these little potatoes. If your potatoes are on the larger side, they will take up to 40 minutes.
Switch up classic roasted potatoes with these Roasted Za'atar Potatoes instead! It's the perfect accompaniment to any Middle Eastern dinner!
Roasted Za'atar Potatoes
Classic roasted potatoes are elevated with the addition of za'atar.
- 2 Pounds Tiny Baby Potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Za'atar
- ¾- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper, or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Add the potatoes to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the olive oil, Za'atar, salt, and pepper. Mix to evenly distribute the spices.
- Place the potatoes on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, flipping halfway through, until the potatoes are tender.
- If your potatoes are on the larger side, they will take longer to cook. Just check after 20 minutes, then every 5-10 minutes, until done!
Leave a Reply