These Chipotle Roasted Cauliflower Steaks are perfect if you are looking for healthy plant-based main entree.
I just love roasted cauliflower! I usually just break up the cauliflower into florets and roast it with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. It is so easy to make, but sometimes I like to switch things up.
I always have a can of chipotles in adobo in the pantry because I love adding chipotle peppers into recipes. The chipotle peppers add a really nice smokiness to recipes.
I'm not sure what took me so long to make cauliflower steaks! Cutting the cauliflower into steak-like pieces creates a beautiful presentation, especially when entertaining.
After the cauliflower is sliced, it gets slathered with olive oil and chipotle peppers. Depending on how spicy you want your cauliflower steaks to be, use as much or as little chipotles. I usually use 1 chipotle pepper. I like there to be a little bit of heat, but not overly spicy.
After the cauliflower steaks are done roasting, I like to squeeze a little bit of lime juice over the cauliflower. The lime juice adds a pop of acidity and brightness.
And of course, I can't forget the cilantro! Cilantro adds a gorgeous pop of color to the cauliflower. Adding fresh herbs makes everything better!
If you are looking for some side dishes to serve alongside the Chipotle Roasted Cauliflower Steaks, cilantro lime rice would be perfect! Also, Mexican black beans would be great if you are looking for plant-based protein!
- 1 Large Cauliflower Head
- 3-4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1-2 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- ½ Lime
- Chopped Cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Turn the cauliflower on its side and slice off the very end of the stem; making sure to leave the core intact. Place the cauliflower on a cutting board with the floret side up and use a sharp knife to slice it into 1-inch thick slices. If your slices fall apart, it is ok!
- Transfer the cauliflower to your prepared baking sheet. Arrange it in a single layer.
- In a small bowl, add olive oil, chipotle pepper, salt and pepper. Whisk until combined.
- Brush both sides of cauliflower with chipotle mixture and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and carefully flip the cauliflower. Bake for another 18-20 minutes.
- Squeeze lime juice and sprinkle chopped cilantro over the cauliflower before serving.